People are losing all their gold due to a daily quest bug

How can something like this happen to a multi billion dollar company? Thousands of Classic players are now broke due to this bug and Blizzard hasn’t even made a comment about it.

3 Likes

NPC scam. You must pay for the pleasure of rescuing them.

5 Likes

Taxes hit WotLK.

You gonna release these slaves out into northrend with no gold to their name?

5 Likes

I have a better idea. Sell the slaves to the trolls in Grizzly hills and recup your gold and get a little more on top.

1 Like

If it was bug that gave you the gold instead they would drop the servers and fix it.

12 Likes

I’ve paid to complete quests in eve. thing is…the reward is greater than what I put out for the costs lol.

it has resource quests. they don’t check to see if you actually mined the rock needed. So…I jsut buy massive amounts of it off the market and store it in the quest giver’s station.

get quest, accept it, complete, get paid. 10 seconds or less lol. cuts into profit off the reward. But I still make some profit from it lol.

Yep.

But tbh…I think the hold up here may be now the devs and the sql dba’s are going so…how many hours of roll back/replay restore off t-sql logs are we looking at here.

Not white knighting…its jsut when its time to play sql log replays to fix this, you think, test, then act.

that this got in game is just…wrong. wrong as hell. I mean even that blood elve intro quest tht has us go buy wine, food and fireworks at least is upfront about it. dude, this will cost you some silver. no go…buy me stuff.

It pays you back in full at the end though.

Right, but they could disable the quest in the meantime, instead of just leaving it there for MORE people to hit the issue and make the sql dev’s workload larger

Blizz might be a multi-billion dollar company, but the Classic project gets table scraps.

3 Likes

thats one way to reduce inflation

They need to remove the quest just like they removed the rocket daily in grizzly hills.

When a similar bug happened back in crusade that duped an item, they quickly disabled the quest. Soon after they suspended/robbed everyone that ever touched it. I get the feeling this will not get the same kind of priority. It’ll be, “when we get around to it.”

1 Like

Must be inflation. D:

As some other poster here or another thread has said…

if this quest was giving out 5000 gold it would have been fixed or shutdown in record time.

Bugs that favor players are fixed quickly. the rest, like you said., get the status of soon™.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.