People already falsely reporting me for language while I advertise my own services

Living with your parents isn’t a job.

in all fairness, many people would consider guilds to be organizations. it also seems written specifically to excuse continued boosting by certain blizzard employee.

People gave up on pushing against boosters because they saw blizzard do nothing about it and the bots, other part of the community accepted it as necessary evil on order to be able to be able to have more options (World Race raiders), and others eventually because it was easier to make gold that way instead of farming materials, but that was before the situation we are now and we are going forward.

Activision was always pushing in order to milk the customers before they even added everything in WoW. But now that Microsoft deal is moving forward it appears that devs may have certain freedoms that before maybe didn’t have, such as this.

I already saw 2 huge changes today, and things are really starting to look hopeful again. And the change was not with push from the community, they just asked for it (cross faction) but was not pushing for it.

I believe right now a lot of stuff can change in the game because of certain reasons. Let’s hope they do more changes, because its needed for the game to not just go back to how good it was, but possibly reach new heights.

Ppl have the pitchforks out today looking for blood.

Give a little while it will calm down.

i drive a BMW. your argument is invalid.

:thinking:

Blizzard needs to go back to how reporting was originally done. Filling out a report form. If someone isn’t willing to fill out a form in order to file a report, the offense they are trying to report must not be worth a punishment.

1 Like

Not exactly this. Some people just don’t understand how things work and think advertising and/or boosting itself is a bannable offense when it’s not. Even when proven they’re wrong with links to blue posts stating the opposite of what they think, they go on a rant about “I’m going to report every advertiser I see anyway”.

1 Like

And if false reports were punishable they’d have been punished by now and wouldn’t say such things. Blizzard needs to start punishing false reporters. Its insane that Blizzard has given the community a tool in which to indiscriminately punish anyone they want, for any reason they want.

1 Like

Oh no, I fully agree with that

I think it would be helpful if there was another option for blocking people’s spammy crap, i find myself right clicking and reporting people for spam just as a temporary ignore because they’re jostling to cover each other’s macro in trade. Perhaps we should have a temp ignore option so i can block the advertising without reporting them?

There are too many people advertising to use the actual ignore option because you’d quickly run out of room, maybe something like that addon that blocks messages that you have already seen in the last 5 minutes or whatever?

I’d be fine with a temporary ignore system to be added. They already have one here on the forums where you can choose to ignore someone for an hour, a week, a month, a year, or until you remove them from ignore. I don’t think people should be using the report function as an ignore feature, as thats not its intended purpose.

I’d also be more okay with people using the report function as an ignore feature if punishments to being reported were not automatic. It was hilarious to me back in WoD when the system was implemented that Blizzard insisted and made very clear that players would receive no punishment from being reported until investigated by a gm. People immediately put this to the test, and were silenced within a few seconds of being mass reported, even though they did absolutely nothing wrong. Its amazing that Blizzard has continued to get away with such a blatant lie ever since.

I understand people dislike this person. Thats not the point. This video shows the massive flaw of the right click report system, and how Blizzard blatantly lies about how it works.

ban the cheaters!

You mean like making Desolate Armor Kits which sell pretty well? Being a tailor and selling bags?

Guess you just don’t want to do the work.

That’s not what Mom tells me! If I mow the lawn and shovel the driveway I’m still “helping out” and she buys me ice cream!

The point is that what they are doing is not against the games rules, yet they are being falsely punished for it regardless. The report function is not there to silence someone you dislike or disagree with.

Don’t care, I was addressing a specific point the OP made that was demonstrably false.

Yet you throw in stuff like this. I’m betting arena carries take far more work and effort and skill to do than professions.

While still addressing the point of USING A PROFESSION TO MAKE MONEY.

Saying "you can’t make money with a profession is absolute NONSENSE, and anyone saying that HASN’T DONE THE WORK TO FIND THAT OUT.

Reading comprehension is a thing. Learn it.

And trade chat didn’t initially exist just to be a place for people to advertise carries either, but here we are :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

imo what they NEED to do is create a specific LFG system that looks similar to a request board. only, its the person looking to get boosted that needs to make the post. then boosters have to apply for the job. the person looking for the boost determines which applicant gets the job. it could be a live group finder so both parties have to be online.

this would keep people advertising it out of chats. avoid false flags. and require that people already looking for a service be the ones to begin the process.

the request board tab, could also be used for people looking for guild signatures. a tank or heals to help dungeon ques go faster. maybe even have requests for old matts if spamming trade chat isnt working.

No but it did exist as a channel to sell goods and services for gold. Which is what boosting was. I won’t argue with you that the spam was far too much, but at the end of the day no rules were being broken until Blizzard had to change the rules.