Penalty for those ganking loser

Im trying to lvl a toon quietly on hellfire peninsula and Im constantly gank by those horde loser constantly. Not only they are always 3 and more agaianst you but lot of them are 120. I mean whats the point? Do these guys seriously have fun killing lowbies and camping them? at least Blizzard get a penalty for those freaking loser that waste their time making people raging and wasting their time too. They have nothing to gain except fun to figure out people raging. This is ridiculous. Yes Im using war mode on cause I want to use this bonus for my leveling but like I said in an other post, this war mode is a free piece of cake bonus for horde but ally should not use it because of connstant risk cause of horde overflow population.

1 Like

Turn off warmode you imbecile.

13 Likes

Shut up moron and read all post before answering…

Oh I read it.

My response still stands.

9 Likes

There’s your problem already

5 Likes

so if i play the world of warcraft differently…im not wasting my time? Arent we all just playing the game of warcraft here.

4 Likes

I’ve had a few dozen people in my wow career that have camped my body for hours. Worst that someone camped my body was around 8 hours in Icecrown. Literally didn’t let me play the entire day.

That’s when you flip the brain switch on and join a LFD que :upside_down_face:

1 Like

lol I think I was too mad to think of anything

1 Like

Don’t worry … when prepatch hits , the ganking will end forever :cry:

Have to learn to get some kills in before getting spotted. I also suggest having bg ques running. If you going pvp, you should add more to the package. This will get you some bail outs, even when you’re dead.

I gank all the time. In fact I would consider ganking pretty much the only reason I play this game. So I’ll just answer all your questions with sincere honesty so that you may have a better understanding of the mentality. I’m not trying to argue. Just explain.

Do we have fun killing lowbies and camping them?
Yes. We do. I personally don’t see you as a lowbie. I see you as a weak alliance player. For me the game revolves around killing and disrupting the alliance as much as possible. If I camp a lowbie, they can’t do what they want. I am getting what I want and I am having fun. If I destroy an entire town. I disrupt the zone. I am having fun. I am getting what I want.

We have nothing to gain? We have fun. There’s also quite a bit that goes into ganking. All you see from your perspective is a bunch of 120s comming in and one-shotting you.

What do I see from my perspective? I look for zones that are high in lowbies, I anticipate resistance. I gank. I consider what’s around. If I want to camp I have to guess which graveyard you’re coming from to anticipate your rez. I can use stealth pots, I get to use the corpse toys I’ve spent weeks farming for to gloat.

But most importantly, I do this all with the absolute knowledge that 120 “defenders” will come barreling in at any given time. I will need to make the call to fend them off or to try to escape. Or to just continue doing kamikaze effects. Maybe I win. Maybe more horde shows up.

Quite often these encounters turn into a huge battle.

Quite often I get my (redacted) handed to me by five people.

Quite often someone gets on their main only to realize they don’t out-gear me and can’t out-play me and have to end up running with their tail between their legs.

There’s way more to ganking than one lowbie dying. It’s an entire interaction with absolutely everyone in the zone. It’s fun for me. It’s fun for a lot of people.

Is it mean? Maybe. But way back in the day I didn’t roll undead to role play as a good guy. I’m having fun doing what I love in this game.

Some people have fun grinding mounts. Some people have fun farming gold. Some people like pet battles. I don’t find any of this fun, and I can’t relate at all. But at the end of the day I take a step back and realize that different people enjoy different things. This is why we gank. We enjoy it.

As far as a penalty for ganking? I honestly wish blizzard would implement something like that. I would absolutely love farming dishonor.

9 Likes

What will you do when you can’t see the lowbies anymore due to the new “timewalking leveling” feature AKA Chromie Time in Shadowlands?

I’m probably going to unsub. Not just because of the Chromie thing, just not really crazy about all the changes coming out.

And I think I’m just kinda done.

2 Likes

I don’t fully understand how chromie time affects everything but can’t you just make like a 45-50 twink choose chromie time depending on Zone and gank away?

1 Like

You can. You can also use a 2nd account and party sync your max level down to 50. It’s alot of work to get into Chromie time to gank. Also, you wont be able to kill the towns, the guards are pretty strong and party sync doesn’t work with raid groups.

1 Like

I guess it does suck not being able to attack towns, but some Zones are very target rich like borean tundra and howling fjord, my 60 rogue got…20+ HKs in the fjord just lurking near questing areas, food for thought I guess if anyone reading this thread really wants to keep wpvp alive in older zones.

It’s horrible … I hope that if they put on WM, the levelling phase is open to everyone .

2 Likes

Turns out you can’t enter Chromie Time with XP off. Once in Chromie time you can’t turn XP off either. So you will have to use a character on a 2nd account to party sync yourself in.

The bonus is to offset the PvP.

3 Likes