Pemades are destroying WSG Q's

I love WSG, nothing better than a long hard battle in the Gulch, but premades on both sides are destroying the Q’s making the number of active games go way down.

Time to fully disable premades in Era until we can get an active PVP population over 2000 total players; this is 1000 active rankers per side. Right now we have maybe 80 rankers at best.

I am not a ranker, I just return flags and have some fun, but for me getting games is more important than precious honor points that rankers want; this is why they premade.

If by fully neutering premades makes ranking nearly impossible then simply nerf the amount of honor required for them to Rank up; none of this is rocket surgery, and the honor cap should be reviewed and adjusted monthly based on active PVP participation in Era.

In before some clown claims that the Decay or the old honor system kept the games popping; this is false and a lie, you have no idea what you’re talking about, a little over a year ago we had to organize play so that people could get into games at all; generally this was Friday nights.

1 Like

were you aware that this is not how civilized debates take place?

1 Like

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this is an ill informed take.

We just watched as sod went from 300+ active wsg games going on, and then onto p2 where they basically killed premades, and then down to less than 10 games up in p2-3, to it being completely dead.

Premades keep the battlegrounds going whether solo players like it or not. There is no such thing as disabling premades. They will simply sync q. This has been proven time and time again over all of world of Warcraft history and yet people still suggest to do the very thing that doesn’t work.

Disabling premades will kill pvp participation both outside AND inside the battleground. If you want to know what I mean by that I can explain. But we just have witnessed what happens to pvp as soon as blizzard does exactly what you campaign for, and it completely battered battleground participation

Not only that and you may not be aware, the SOD full premade q algorithm is in era right now, so if you are seeing “full premades” it’s because you literally cannot stop them. People will premade no matter what, all you do when you add algorithms is make an extra annoying step for premaders

Ranking is already “nearly impossible” outside of AV weekend because the new rank system is a hard cap, whereas before it was a self correcting system. You aren’t going to get people on board to q up AB/WSG if they already are not doing it. They aren’t doing it because they can’t hit caps, that’s on the new system. If it was doable, they would be playing regardless of premades queing.

I’m sorry if you don’t like to hear this, but it is absolutely true and yea, I very much do know what I’m talking about. I’ve explained these points over and over on the forums and elsewhere until I’m blue in the face. I’m honestly agitated people still don’t get it

I’m just here to tell you the reality of the situation, my personal opinion on the matter is irrelevant

Yes, but era is a lot different now than back then, as in it’s seen a lot of new players “maining” era as their game recently due to no fresh servers/cata/sod being horrendous, etc. The new DD server as well sees a growing pop, which is more players for the pool eventually. The DD server had their own server AVs going just the other day

I personally am leveling a mage for BGs, I’m going to pull up in full necropile and of the eagle greens and solo q into BGs and run flags and won’t care if there’s premades. But I also aren’t playing wow much as I used to. Games kinda cooked

I also saw that you suggested to lower the hard cap. That’s actually a bad decision too. Let me explain:

Let’s say you want to lower the cap from 500 to 300. All that does is allow the more aggressive rankers to cap in 1 to 1.5 days, meaning these players determine when the “viable ranking days” take place like you see on av weekend. People who don’t play wsg ab still will not play under these conditions. If you cannot be online on those viable days due to work or whatever, you’re pretty much GGed while the rest of the server caps before you have a chance to play.

Wow players are the only players who don’t like playing the game they spend so much time on.

Why is anyone RACING for gear when there is literally no rated play or ladder or season to compete in? This whole “gotta log on now to get honor” is just stupid. They hate BGs that much that they rush the entire system to do what? Beat the next guy to the rank gear a week before he does? So you can just afk in SW with gear?

SoD needs a pvp patch. I feel like the old BGs just are not fun for a lot of the playerbase nowadays. We need new bgs. New reasons to do them. Something exciting for the veteran, the hardcore, the casual, and the new player. It’s no surprise the majority of the playerbase doesn’t want to play 20 year old pvp maps. Imagine playing one of your old shooter games, and theirs only 2 maps or only 1 map available for play.

Bad idea. Also not aligned with what Classic Era is supposed to be.

BG inactivity is not because of pre-mades. It’s because everyone raced to high warlord with the honor system change and now that everyone has it they don’t do BGs anymore. Had they not changed the honor system there would be a slow drip of rankers making BGs more active over a longer period of time.

That’s a big fat no. It’s easy enough as it is with the honor changes.

Hard cap? More like easy cap. I hit 500k a day early on a non-BG weekend last week without pre-mades. It’s so much easier than it was before.

I will offer a completely different take - I was solo Qing BG’s while watching someone on the other faction play (cause I like his content, I can’t snipe due to me being an absolute idioto pidgeotto and not being able to focus on 2 things), I waited 20 mins in queue while he played 3 back to back games against the same premade of my faction.

They actually were hogging all the queues from the PuGs lol

SoD died because the game is bad, not because of premades… The only time people are playing SoD is when there is new content. People quit SoD because the game is 100% trash for PVP; the PVE is decent, but the PVP is just garbo.

Easier than you think, but the trade off is longer Q’s but around 3 to 5 mins, however only works if you have players playing; on Era on a good day 6 to 9 games going WSG, but now its down to 1… just one game, yesterday dropped down to 4 games by mid day.

I asked in trade chat why no one is Q’n for WSG, and overwhelmingly the response I got was and I am going to paraphrase; “I don’t want to play vs the same 2 partial premades” every game. And while I suspect its not 2 partials, I think its more a mix of groups of 2 and 3, but maybe I am wrong on that.

Either way, when the number of games open is dropped down to 1, that’s really bad.

I have plenty of ranker friends on both sides ranking every week, the only week they complain about is off-week that has no bonus BG, and that’s easy enough to solve by making the whole week; every week a BG week. This would drive a lot more active participation and keep people playing all the BG’s rather than only WSG even if WSG is the one I love most. I know there are other players who want other BG’s to happen and maybe we should change the BG rotation to a 3 week thing with every day being a dedicated BG during the week and the Weekend being focused to a single rotation like it is now excluding the off week?

I dont really care what happens long as we get more games poppin, its gotten really bad and I want more action…

More action is always BiS; again don’t care how we get there, just that we do. Anyone who plays horde knows how long the Q’s are getting… Tell me I am wrong.

That is all.

i meant hard cap as in hard-cap. Like it doesnt vary from week to week. But yes I have had to hit 2 million+ caps before and agree its easy now

1 Like

I know sod is bad, but when it was NOT dead, thats when we saw the difference between a vanilla que and what you are campaigning for.

Yeah and as I said we already saw that. I dont know if you caught this but the SOD premade nerf is currently in era, as we see it does not stop premades. No, it is not “easy”. it is actually impossible.

These are people who are not WSG gamers to begin with. i’ve heard this for 10+ years. it’s always the same people.

The thing is blizzard does not care about era, thats why SOD changes are leaking into it and they just delete posts here and on reddit about it.

That’s really sad, just shows they cant take any feedback at all. Also shows they’re incapable as game designers and should bow out and let some one who’s capable take charge.

Yeah I know. Just a little play on words :slightly_smiling_face:

8 mins into a 1 min Q… GG well played.

It’s also 1pm on a wednesday

I’m a bit confused. I was playing wsg as a pug on horde last night. I was getting in pretty quickly once I synced up to a game. Our pug stomped everyone we played. We were pretty consistently 3-5 ele sham though. By syncing up to a game I mean based on games ending and incidentally, not intentionally, queuing again at the same time after it ends. With the small pool you get basically the same team every time.

What are you confused about? I was in queue for over 20 mins and the alliance premade played 3 games against the same horde while I didn’t get in to play.

We use to have 6 to 8 games going near constantly weekdays.

getinto finally a game that’s already going and down 1

LOL allies cant even fill a game now kek… this is bad.

Time Q can be broken simply but adding an RNG seed to each character ID that delays your actual Q or advances your Q placement VS others; not complicated at all.

Perhaps that’s outside of blizzards understanding?

So it was alliance premade vs horde premade? Three times, and you as a pug did not get into any games? Not being argumentative, just hard to understand when you say other and my faction as it depends on who you are logged in with.

Must have been that there were not enough horde pugs to fill a game by itself? And it wont break up groups so it just promoted the full group to first in line?

Alli filled all the games I’ve been in this morning.