Pelagos. Is Transgender

Note to self:

Buy more ALCOA shares.

Right back at you buddy, not exactly liking what I see eitherā€¦

We all have our curses, I understand gay and trans people have hard lives, and though I disagree with them on somethings, I dont wish hard lives upon them.

What I want is WoW lore that exists to make the story good, nothing else.

Are you a beta tester?

For what? Shadowlands?

Soā€¦ I take it you think being gay is a choice not something youā€™re born as?

Yes.

How do you know that the lore surrounding this character is bad?

I dont have experience with the matter as I am not gay, ill admit I dont know. Thats why I said I can say lifestyle or life situation, which ever one is more agreeable.

Maybe you should read a Wikipedia article or something before forming an opinion.

Do you accept what the science says on it? Cause then its pretty open and shutā€¦

Hmm. Iā€™ve admitted the lore sounds interesting, its not bad per say, what I dont like is real world stuff affecting the story.

But perhaps my problem is I dont understand what this means for transgendered people.

If I had a character in game representing my acne problem, it wouldnā€™t mean much to me. But perhaps this means more to transgender people than it inconveniences me.

While I may disagree with trans peopleā€™s choices, I am not heartless, and I wouldnā€™t deny someone something that brings a modicum of happiness to an otherwise difficult life.

If this is truly done solely to make people happy, then I can live with it. But my fears that there are overarching political goals beyond the scope of peopleā€™s happiness are not fully dispelled.

You arenā€™t the only one playing the game. Trans people like me play too.

Pelagos is not for you. Heā€™s for me.

Itā€™s not a choice.

Itā€™s a vidya game. None of this hurts you in any way.

The real world has always influenced WoWā€™s writing process though.

Thereā€™s no insidious politicking behind including a trans character.

1 Like

Hmm. I hope you are right.

This article, written by Christia S. Brown who has a Ph.D in psychology, talks about why representation is important.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/beyond-pink-and-blue/201904/representation-matters

4 Likes

Donā€™t you see? Thatā€™s what they want you to think.

This one character will subvert all the conservatives. Or something. Iā€™m not good at conspiracy.

Not going to lie, conspiracy theories are like drugs, people like to fantasize about this great machination that is keeping them down in life. Its easier to handle that than to admit your life sucks because you suck. Iā€™m guilty of it, though in all fairness, probably 10% of the stuff in conspiracy theories is true, because people with power generally are corrupt and unethical.

i really dont like the " continue listening "
just end it after the form thing. 10/10 grats dude. can we kill boars?

Fiction is ultimately a reflection of the writer. Of course real world stuff affects the writer, otherwise it would be grey, soulless nothing.

O, indeed. The forums are ripe with those who serve him, far more than the otherā€™s. Just look at what is typed and the conversations and they target all of the things Slaanesh feeds on.

Not my cup of tea.