Peeling the Onion

Peeling the Onion
The How-to Guide On Dismantling the Stormpike
-By Drek’Thar

Within these pages you will find a wealth of knowledge on battle tactics and politics. The learned soldier is the soldier that leans on the shoulder of experience. Let this book serve as a guide in your battle for Alterac Valley.

Chapter 1 - The Front Line

Dismantling the Stormpike army is very much like peeling an onion. To get to the core, you must start by removing the outermost layers.

The front lines, comprised mostly of Stormpike Mountaineers and Alliance Sentinels, are tied to the Captain’s bunker. It is Captain Balinda Stonehearth who empowers these units and provides for reinforcements when the lines are under siege. Strike at the Captain and the front line forces will crumble.

Chapter 2 - The Twin Towers

Make no mistake; Vanndar Stormpike is a cunning foe and certainly no fool. Once the front line has been breached, the secondary defensive targets must still be destroyed. It is the twin towers of Stonehearth and Icewing which control the Stormpike Guardsmen outside of Dun Baldar and the Stormpike patrols.

Beware, soldier, as both of these towers are heavily fortified and ruled over by one of Vanndar’s elite Commanders. Should your forces breach the fortifications, make certain that the Commander within has been … silenced. This too will be part of the dismantling of the Stormpike.

Chapter 3 - The Four Commanders

The third layer of the Stormpike onion is comprised of the four Commanders. In this respect, Vanndar has mimicked our own glorious Frostwolf defenses. Of course he will tell you otherwise… But I digress.

The four Commanders control the ebb and flow of the Stormpike Guardsmen that fiercely guard Dun Baldar. Silence them all and the Stormpike Guardsmen will fall.

Then there is but one layer left to peel.

Chapter 4 - The Dun Baldar Bunkers

As you have undoubtedly noticed, the Stormpike defensive layers are in place to prevent one mighty power move from dismantling the entire army. Before you ask, yes, this is exactly how our own forces are setup and no, I will not change our defensive structure. They copied us, why should we have to change?

Where was I? Yes, so, the Dun Baldar bunkers (which are located in Dun Baldar) control the Stormpike Defenders - Vanndar’s most trusted and elite guard units. Destroy those two towers and the reinforcements sent to aid Vanndar will cease to exist.

Epilogue

After having done all of this, you are left with the center of the onion: The sweet core. Vanndar Stormpike will be left defenseless and alone. Rules of military conduct require that we ask for his surrender before carrying out any executions. Be sure to mention the surrender thing when you see him… then kill him.

3 Likes

Drek’thar is an ornery little bugger for somebody who would later go on to be in a wheelchair in my Shaman’s class hall in Legion.

1 Like

Is vanilla AV the only good warfront Blizzard has made?

2 Likes

I can’t remember his voice line.

If he called us alliance dogs or alliance filth.

Does not matter what he calls us.

ALL IN.

1 Like

You seek to draw the General of the Frostwolf legion out from his fortress? PREPOSTEROUS!

When you pull him its like “Alliance filth in my keep!? Slay them all!”

Thanks. He was also so nice.

Not many layers in the 1.12 AV onion though.

2 Likes

Also how did drekthar write this? Isn’t he blind?

Did he have a ghost writer? Did he do this before he was blind?