"Payment in Kind" Anduin Bug

I’ve completed all the Nazjatar quests that I need to start the first new 8.2 war campaign quest, Payment in Kind. The quest directs me to talk to Anduin in Stormwind Keep, but he isn’t on the throne where I need him to be, so I can’t progress the quest.

Update: I finished the 8.1 night warrior Tyrande scenario (had done it on a different character back then), and that fixed things. Hopefully you can make this not be a requirement for others.

Having the same issue

Same deal. Anduin not at his throne but at the War Room.

Bump, same bug here. Any fixes out there yet?

Same issue.

Same. Both Jaina and Mathias Shaw are there but Anduinn is not on the throne and in the side room.

Guildie said that you have to do Shores of Fate (night warrior quest) to complete this quest (while the achievement is account based, you have to actually complete it on the toon that you want to do this campaign quest on).

Haven’t tried it on the account that I actually did Shores of Fate on yet, but I plan to soon, just to test that theory. Either way, it seems trying to do it (Shores of Fate) now, seems to also be bugged, lol.

2 Likes

This worked for me. Finish questline shores of fate, then anduin will appear.

1 Like

It’s the Nightwarrior quest, it also prevent turning what happened to the SP dagger, from CoS raid. Seriously I raid on 3 toons in 3 guilds, I’m not going to do that quest 2 more time, let alone for all the Toon I play. Blizz you have to fix this.

2 Likes

This is absolutely silly that Nightwarrior quest line gates Nazjatar content. As if fantastical time-gating ideas were not enough and now core story line content is being gated by something that is a tangential story line. Absolutely rubbish.

4 Likes

Still no word from Blizz on this, I’m not surprised.

Still happening. If you add the fact that neither nazjatar or mechagon have any alts mechanics it removes any desire to play those toons

1 Like

This is still happening. I can’t accept Stay of Execution. We cannot progress the story without this working, so it’s kind of important.

If you have the Darkshore questline, aka “Night Warrior” for alliance. And it’s horde counterpart, you must complete it first as it phases Anduin out of the throne room thus you can’t complete the quest.

1 Like

same problem here still happening

I do have that quest line… of course it would interfere with the new quest. Thank you!

Payment in Kind is the last quest I have in my journal. This bug is still ongoing. Any word on this would be amazing… or just maybe turning phasing off for it would be a simple solution too, but hey that’s just me.

It isn’t that any quest chain gates Anduin being there, it is that if you start a quest chain it can phase some of the locations the chain uses, so you need to finish it.

Unfortunately since so many quest chains visit the throne room, it gets phased very easily, and it is also hard to tell which particular chain is phasing it for any individual.

Just “turning phasing off” isn’t a solution because what if you wanted to do the other quest chain first - the game can’t telepathically tell what your priorities are. So it assumes you want to do the quest chain first that you started first.

As an altoholic, this is a real crappy situation.

Not sure if this has been resolved for people yet, but I haven’t completed the Shores of Fate chain for the character i’m doing the campaign on and just accepting the quest caused Anduin to shift to the throne. As I ran out of the side room he spawned sitting on the throne, so keep an eye out as you leave. Hopefully this isn’t a one off thing for my character and everyone gets this fix, good luck peeps. :slight_smile:

3 Likes