Payment and fraud charge

So I bought the Dragonflight heroic edition no problem. But for some reason when I try to set up a sub plan it does not work and even my credit card company gave me a fraud call. I have never had this issue and hope I am not getting charged without getting the sub.

Question, if you don’t mind me inquiring.

Are you trying to pay with your card through PayPal? I ask because there seems to be something borked for folks using PayPal to purchase both services and subs. And at least one other person who got hit with a “foreign transaction” charge, even though they’re in the US.

No, just a normal credit card. I received a new one in the mail due to some issues any number of vendors would have had apparently and security, blah, blah, blah. So yea a brand new card.

edit: Unless the new card is a scam which I doubt, the only odd thing about it was there was no place to put your signature which I thought might just be outdated.

Gottcha gottcha. Like I said, there’s been a running trend of billing issues popping up here of late that all had the common thread of PayPal, so wanted to weed that out of the way first.

I’m sure at the late hour you can’t get too much accomplished with your bank/credit card’s customer service, but I would definitely give them a call tomorrow (or today, if you’re EST). See if there is some setting or something or another that could be causing the issue for you. Perhaps in the morning when the SFAs are more active, someone can take a peek at your account, but try your bank first.

Normally I would tell you to submit a ticket, but the queues are a bit nuts right now (about a 7 day-ish turnaround) and with the GM staff trying to whittle the backlog down, Live Chat availability seems to be sparser than the norm as well. Of course there may not be any choice but to go through a ticket, but I would try your financial institution first.

1 Like

Did you delete the old card from your payment methods on your account page and then add the new card? Some card companies will also block certain transactions if it is something like a prepaid card. You would need to contact the card issuer and have them mark your account as being chargeable by Blizzard Entertainment as they may have had issues with people doing a lot of charge backs to Blizzard as well.

1 Like

Just to touch on this, credit card companies simply do not alert you of possible fraud, then allow the potentially fraudulent charges anyway.

If your bank/card company is sending you fraud alerts, they thought the activity was unusual for you. Giving them a call or going through whatever process they have to approve the charge as valid and really coming from you should clear it up.

I used to work at a credit union back in the day, and video game stuff was a FREQUENT thing that would suddenly turn up on stolen cards (especially if the person who stole it was the cardholder’s kid). Steam, Apple, Blizzard, Amazon, NCSoft, having charges that were appreciably bigger than the ‘usual’ amount of activity on a card would get it a flag to pre-emptively shut it down from emptying out an account until the cardholder got in touch to say ‘no, I did that’.

Believe me, it’s better that they keep an eye out and press ‘pause’ on stuff that seems outside what you normally do with your money than that your rent disappear because someone skimmed your card and bought a big-screen TV at the WalMart. Fraudulent charges do usually get removed if they’re caught right away, but that nonsense can take TIME, weeks in the case of debit cards, meanwhile you’re hoping that the crumbs between the couch cushions are edible.

3 Likes