Paying gold for dungeon runs

This was in Vanilla too… I actually had guild members doing it solely to contribute to guild bank. I mean, why not? win for the guild, win for the lowbie.

It’s just economy doing its thing.
If you’re on your first character, then I can sympathize. But by now, it’s just 60s on their alts trying to get their alts to 60 ASAP.

2 Likes

80% of the total players on classic are still not level 60

2 Likes

And your numbers came from where, exactly?

8 Likes

Wow census

I shant argue with ya. Believe what you want. Lol.

Merry Christmas!

1 Like

There are tons of 60s who are leveling alts. I don’t see why anyone would care if they are trying to bypass the leveling they have already done by paying gold for boosts.

If you want a harder dungeon crawl then just find a group of like minded players and ignore the boosters.

3 Likes

Because it ruins the gameplay of people who didn’t rush to 60 like me

Seems you’re oblivious.

3 Likes

It’s more rampant now because of technology. People can multibox all of classic. And just make loot from having you follow and clean up and pay them for it.

It’s not the same game and will never be the same game again.

You know the biggest problem with wow retail and from what I have seen in classic.
People. They hate people. In and out of the game people just don’t like each other and only form groups and clicks to get something they need. I’m in a guild with 900*. Members that remove anyone not active for a week. So it’s alot of activity. And all I hear is them whine about other people all day. Someone stole MY HERB. Someone rolled on MY GEAR. This dude is farming MY MOBS. I can’t stand people, or I had a customer bla bla bla. It’s funny and sad at the same time.

How many times have you joined a group and they just don’t communicate.
Won’t even say hi or hello.

1 Like

LOL what? Classic is killing itself. Classic is not sustainable. In 1 year there will be maybe a handful of Classic servers left.

“RETAIL RETAIL RETAIL!” “BlAME RETAILLLLLL!”

2 Likes

Exactly, its people fishing for likes.

2 Likes

This is why I told OP to believe what he wants. Lol.

The average player in their 30s without a level 60 main does not have the gold to be spamming boost services. If, as you seem to believe, a majority of players haven’t hit 60 yet then there should be no problem finding people not doing boost groups.

17 Likes

I disagree on this one…

Leveling SUX, especially if you work full time.

I only enjoy the endgame, so I don’t blame 'em

2 Likes

Like this post.

True very common on Herod alliance too

I’m not interested in leveling slow on my alts, I have thousands of gold on my main.

Why would I intentionally slow myself down just to appease you?

8 Likes

Uh, you realize that there’s no possible way any addon can tell the number of players, right? Characters, even though that addon has always been wildly inaccurate, but not players.

Can we start reporting people for the whole zoomer/boomer meme stuff? Selling dungeon runs has been a thing since early Vanilla. People asking for help farming lower instances for SM/Stocks etc to get certain items has also been a thing.

3 Likes

don’t like paying gold for run throughs?
then don’t pay gold for run throughs.

this happened in vanilla and TBC.
I use to run people through anything they wanted.
2 silver per their level. from each person in the group.

run 4x lvl 20 through dead mines? 40 silver each 4 x people = 1.6G.

you wanna run through SM cath with your lvl 40-'s?
80 silver each, 4x people = 3.2 gold.

you want me to run your guys through strat/scholo at 60?
1.2 gold per person. 4x people = 4.8 gold a run

Use to make bank on the mage running through BRD/strat/scholo for people.
and porting. and making food…

1 Like