Pay to “win”?

Can they get a lot things they want by paying for it? Sure… but it doesn’t make them a good player, it’s just an ego boost for em and makes them feel better… and who are we to take that away? Why not let them have that and gain from it by selling the runs or just not caring at all.

1 Like

It’s pay the people who actually won for 10000th place.

3 Likes

Mmm…let me see now…

The person is paying for the game.

Then they are paying for access to the game.

Then thru boosting they are paying to skip over a lot of the game.

Then thru tokens for carries they are paying someone else to play the game for them.

So I would say they are losing out on every level.

:woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

You can also achieve this by simply being a gold farmer by effective mining and herbing runs. The only difference is one works a smidge more in game and the other works a job, has disposable income and probably has other things that they need doing and don’t have the time to no life gold farming like most people. I’ll tell you this, I’ve seen the same exact people day in and day out on and playing even on a monday-friday.

Can i throw cash at the shop and simply purchase CE/Rated PvP and M+ titles? Can my real life money allow me to purchase those rewards without having to complete said content. Can my real life cash allow me to prevent others from obtaining said rewards?

Nothing about buying gold for cash or paying for a boost gives me an advantage over another player. Nothing in the cash shop allows me to be more powerful than another player.

1 Like

it works like this, they are the same ones who at the beginning of the season rush to get everything before it went away (buying wow tokens to get easy gold help it) it’s not like their mentality is the only problem, the game know that and so they are putting pressure on it by appealing to their ‘‘mentally unstable’’ playerbase

well but that is exactly pay to win, if you want to feature a game like that it need to be clarified what type of game it is

you can throw cash and then use your new accquired gold to get all the gear you need for titles and achievs

or simple buy those itself

you buy gold, you buy ce/titles etc with gold

This is the part people don’t understand on what P2W means.

No amount of infinite money spent will ever make you more powerful than the people actually playing the game (whom they have to buy carries from.)

7 Likes

yea, this is exactly right.

the nucleus of the issue is some of these people have a personal ethics code or stance on integrity that happens to be completely misplaced.

seasonal content is huge for keeping player interest and driving the progression curve (keep people logging in) but happens to encourage FOMO. it is what it is.

I don’t post here to persuade anyone into anything but the minute you start banning boosts, boosters, carries, and services you will send this 20 year old game to it’s deathbed.

I’m sure all these posters were super focused on posting on lost ark forums when you can buy currency.

right?

right???

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Ngl - i laughed :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s like if you showed up to an F3 race in a W11 and still didn’t manage to go fast enough to qualify.

It’s not something that’s pushed by blizzard, it’s something the community does for gold and it doesn’t go against ToS… so I fail to see an issue with it, their gold, their choice.

I also don’t really think of it as pay to win, for me, I view the concept of ‘pay to win’ will always be an advantage that a regular player can’t attain.

1 Like

Here’s the problem, you seem to think a large chunk of players are doing this, the only ones doing this are lazy people, most people who work actual jobs every day of the week save 1-2 days have a bit of time in their lives to run dungeons and kill bosses. They buy tokens to be able to afford most of their day to day needs in game. I personally buy tokens to sell when i’m strapped for gold, why? Because I can’t be bothered to farm gold, it doesn’t take away or add gold to the economic circulation, everyone wins. Blizzard gets their money, I get my gold and the buyer gets $ to their account balance or 30 days of sub time.

it is since wow token

Well that’s your view on it, I disagree… they aren’t telling you that’s what the token is for, it’s just gold.

pay to strengthen does’nt exactly roll of the tongue, compared to pay to win.

How does this affect you? Answer me honestly, how does someone getting gear from raids, AOTC achievements and useless titles affect YOU as a player?

If you give me any random BS response about how its P2W, you’re literally telling me that you’re mad because these people have something you don’t have and refuse to work for.

You show me where anything in the cash shop allows me to gain a CE title without needing people that have already attained CE, help me attain it. You show me anything i can buy/trade with anything outside of the game that will allow me to attain CE without needing players that have already attained CE.

I could pay blizzard 100 million dollers and it still would require me to rely on other players to attain CE.

1 Like

it undermines the achievement/bragging-rights of the accomplishments.

sorry, did’nt mean to cut-in on your arguement, i just wanted to put-in my 2-cents. :slight_smile:

basically, what happened was is these people saw someone with a mythic fyrakk mount and got pissed off because they don’t have it.

that’s where we’re at

3 Likes

Iam not bothered iam just saying its incentive p2w behavior and they know they had a playerbase for this

iam just telling that if you can buy a currency and with this currency you basically can beat the game afking while /follow someone its a p2w route that the game have rn

this threard is specific asking how it works and I said how

lack of gold is a valid concern but isnt it better to improve the game rather than selling the solution? if you could earn gold by doing m+ you probably wont be buying tokens