Patterns within Patterns

All 10 of you?

i know you are just a troll but there is more than 10 people just in my guild that just do world content

2 Likes

This is the the real issue I had with it, the fact it would just remove itself from your log and you have to start over. If it had just carried over no harm. Some people don’t log on everyday, and some people prefer to do other things outside ZM. If the quest has a 3 day time limit, it’s kind of pushing people to log in everyday, and go to ZM when they do.

Some people say it can be done in an hour, sure for you, my friend and I were on for 1.5 hours and only got about 65ish percent, the rares that were spawning were so spread out half the time, we would just miss them.

3 Likes

Good change

Honestly it is decisions like this that is killing long time players support of Blizzard. This is again nothing but pandering to a vocal minority of players that feel the game owes them participation trophies for logging in.

This is being pushed by the same people crying that the jumping puzzles are too hard, puzzles which will basically be skip able once flying is unlocked. The patterns within patterns takes make 2 hours to complete if you are are slow or looking around and checking out things, an hour if you focus on it. In three days that means to get it done you need to invest 20-30 mins of play time and that apparently is too much of a commitment for the players crying for this change.

Getting things done in WoW used to take time, thats what an RPG is about, and is what made WoW such a popular game. Stop trying to turn an desktop MMO into a mobile game for the cellphone generation with no attention span.

3 Likes

Blockquote

Why should your inability to log in as often as some one else or complete something as fast as someone else mean that content should be nerfed to make it easier to fit your schedule?

If you can’t commit to logging in for 20-30 mins per day if you need to break that quest into 3 days to get it done, why should someone who can be penalized for having the time or interest to play that much? I have done it on 3 alts both turns this week, was an hour of doing it solo on each toon. Just because you and your friend couldn’t does not mean the rest of us who were able to should have to lose out on something to do just because it was “too much effort or too hard” for someone without the dedication.

2 Likes

blizz missed the mark. 3 days is fine if there is enough content to finish it, but not enough quest and rares taking too long to spawn is the main problem.

moving it to a week and needing more % to finish it, going to make the slow content worse.

2 Likes

How are you being penalized? They are increasing the rewards so that 1 weekly = 2 3 day turn ins.

Because this is a game not a full time job. No one wants to feel obligated to login every day. This sounds like a great way to create burn out really quick.

2 Likes

I am not sure where you get this campaign is gating rep gains thing

In a week there is around 4500-5000 rep available through dailies and patterns (375 from world quests and 10 or 15 for a rare there is more than 20 options for rares to pick from)

500 a day from dailies and 500x2 or 3 for patterns quest

In comparison all the questing for the campaign was 1750 rep this week meaning that if you cap all rep gains your honored at reset.

Wow. This is most unexpected and welcome news! Thanks Blizz and the people giving feedback. (I complained a tiny bit too!)

I could go on and on about how bad I thought it was… but Blizzard got the hint, and changed it. So, that’s good.

I was thinking it might be too late for such a change, and for the next year, I might get 1 out of every 4 done. Especially if progress didn’t roll over. But now it seems more doable.

1 Like

Why would you do this? If folks don’t want to complete it multiple times per week they don’t have to. Nothing in the game is forced - all this is accomplishing is one less quest, one less piece of content to do. This is an issue, because there isn’t much of anything to do in Zereth Mortis at the moment when none of the extra content seems to matter at all.

I know… I know… but there is “more to come.” We’ve been waiting so long for content though. How about Blizzard gets rid of all of the freaking time gating, let people play as much or as little as they want to. Just open everything up and let us PLAY the game we’re subscribing to rather than drip-feeding us content.

3 Likes

Thank you

Dailies give Zero rep.

While there are 29 Rares in Zereth Mortis, not all spawn each day(1 is on the Raid island which does not have an easy way to get to it(yes you can glider and die/res), and since only 3 or 4 have a Region wide announcement that they spawn, it is VERY hard to get to many Rares before they are killed when they do spawn.

The Rep “requirement” past Honored is “gated behind Campaign” since the next item most people want is double Legendary, which have rep and Campaign requirements…so all we care about is rep per day until Honored…then we will have plenty of time to get to Revered before the important Campaign chapters are released.

so this will be weekly now will the % drop in half like
rare were 8% now it will be 4%?
as an example

i really did not see this as a problem. and i was doing it on 4 toons. and i only play on average 1-2 hours per day tops. /scratches head

edit—somethings tells me op is not a real paying customer player.

op: oh blizzardo you are giving me to many rewards i want less.
blizzardo: yup we agree the bar takes 15mins tops to fill so we will remove the multiple rewards you can get per week and tone it down to 1.

oh and bring back ranged survival.

1 Like

The problem was not the frequency. The big problem with this quest is that, unlike Korthia, you lost all the progress you had when the quest did reset. I lost the progress of two characters at 90% which was very disappointing and discouraging. Instead of changing the frequency I would keep the 3 days quest but without the reset of the progress. In that way you keep happy frequent and not frequent players, and you can play with your alts.

3 Likes

personally…Im just running what I can run and screw the rest. This entire expansion has been as bad as BFA was. Im NOT running break neck trying to get to a frikkin Garudeon…or anything else…only to get 80% there and its dead.
When they want to make this a bit less irritating, I’ll get involved.
Till then I’ll just run about 10 minutes of the easy to get to crap each day and go back to old content with my half set of heirlooms because 80% of the drops are crap Ive already gotten, lmao.

1 Like

well thats one you my friend. a single wq gives 10%. a rare gives 8%. not to mention the quests and chests. 15 mins tops. i was doing 4 toons each time. to leave the zone at 90% thats on you.

1 Like

Any chance we can get a Tabard from Zereth Mortis that allows any feats done within the Shadowlands to contribute to completing this quest?

This way, if you want to sit in Zereth Mortis farming quests and rare mobs to gain a little bit of extra rep, you most certainly can. But players who wish to spend their precious time on other activities can also complete the quest, gaining rep at a slightly slower pace?

Yay, the original schedule was kept, and Patterns was up again today! So, those of us who want to play the game were given the expected options to have something(relatively) fun and rewarding to do.