Patterns within Patterns

Since this quest is biweekly. It would be nice to have options tied to progressing this that isn’t tied to getting chests or finding rares through the vast zone?

Can you please let us gain % with mobs like we did in bfa visions? Would be better overall for more ways to complete this within the 3.5 days. And can you fix the reset that people are complaining about?

Hoping for better experiences in the future! BFA and the last patch world content was more lenient and I think you can bring some of that back in this patch.

19 Likes

Especially when the chests and rares are always gone by the time we get there. Heck, maybe pet battles could even give a tiny amount. Even if it’s a super small amount, would be nice to get some progress from doing almost anything in the zone.

9 Likes

Yeah agreed. I did it this morning and it wasn’t that fun waiting for rares to spawn and going all across the map and waiting again. I did the dailies, wq and like 5-6 treasures and it took me like 2 hours or so. Gear I got from the chest was a repeat too. I just recommend not doing it in one sitting like some said down below, not worth it at all.

I’m very happy I didn’t start it yesterday, losing all my progress would have demoralized me too much

6 Likes

It’s close, but not. It’s a 3 day quest that always resets on the daily reset, but because 7 isn’t divisible by 3, it will drift around.

A counterpoint is that you can do the entire quest by just doing world quests/dailies (10% each, 3WQ/2(3 with cypher upgrade) dailies up per day)

1 Like

tbh I find that it fills really fast killing a couple rares. My pally finished at 77% today and I didn’t really even go out of my way, just hitting rares that were nearby while I did my dailies and world quests.

I think it’s more intended to be done over a couple days, but I’ll agree it does feel bad when trying to do it all in one day.

1 Like

Anything to make it better for people. This place is pretty big. I think flying will help with chests later. But rn I think it would be nice to have mobs give % to fill out the rest if you can’t find chests. Like I am using an addon for that and I am sure many people aren’t. Both would be nice qol improvements.

1 Like

The quests w/ no chests or rares is roughly 58%. So you need to log in 2 out of every 3 days minimally to get this done.

Not sure why we cant just go back to a weekly w/ more rep. I’m not exactly looking to have to run more ZM.

1 Like

Given that you can comfortably complete the quest without killing a single rare or finding a single chest means that this is probably a low priority fix.

Well its still a problem for some people. Might help retain more people until flying is available. Quality of life is always nice to have.

And in korthia, if you wanted to do it by just doing the dailies, it would take 5 days at this point in 9.1 (since there were only 3 dailies week 1 iirc).

Yeah it wasn’t great then either. This is just Korthia 2.0.

A lot of running around aimlessly or hoping you make it to stuff on time. I am already ready for them to buff chest/nest respawn timers and boss respawns as well.

1 Like

Two wrongs don’t make a right though.

2 Likes

I bring this up to mention that It will probably get better as more of the zone unlocks. We’ll be getting more campaign on Tuesday, and that might bring extra ways to get progress.

As of now I am waiting like 5/6 days to unlock more quests with Jiro. That may or may not help.

Hopefully? I mean, I’m not optimistic.

I still don’t expect that to solve the pain points of things despawning/dying before you get to it. Flying “might” help. People hitting revered and clearing out will likely help more.

I’m just curious how many times we have to make this same mistake. The Maw, Korthia, now ZM… same issue literally 3 times. Same complaints.

They clearly can’t be oblivious to this. So either making changes on the fly is too difficult and this was in the works for a long time or they view this as an acceptable trade-off for MAUS. People will complain (justifiably), but sunk cost fallacy or perceived lack of options will keep them “engaged”.

3 Likes

Just from doing the dailies, the world quests, a rare or two, and some treasures, I got 72% completion within an hour. I have two more days to fill the rest of the bar. I imagine later on it will get much, much easier.

2 Likes

The daily quests and world quests each give 10%. Even if you do no rares or chests at all and only the dailies it’ll still only take 2-3 days to do Patterns. Easy to fit it in before the deadline.

Especially rares. At least flight is really easy to unlock and only a couple weeks away. I’m not even bringing any of my alts out there until I unlock it.

1 Like

I’m doing alts. It is alot of running for chests. The things I do for rep on my crafters.

This isn’t something new to the game…it happened in Nazjatar, Mechagon, Tanaan, Timeless Isles…and every other end game zone.