Patterns within Patterns

OK. Seeya.

Much appreciation for the quick action, guys. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m ok with this becoming a weekly quest. But don’t increase the amount required to complete it. It already takes way too much to complete. This quest shouldn’t take ever day of the week to complete…

7 Likes

Thank you for this. Truly. Would you consider allowing rollover as well, just as the Korthia weekly does, in case one’s alt (or even main) cannot complete it for whatever reasons (RL happens).

I find it a godsend for Korthia, as I don’t feel the time I put in is lost and so am happy to pursue things at a slower pace. And if I turn in the following week and don’t get a new quest for that toon until the week after, I think it’s fair and matches the other quest formats.

3 Likes

bad idea - why do you ruin the game for others. Those are the only things I normally do in this game anymore because the other world content isn’t rewarding enough. So you decide to eliminate content for me because others don’t want to play?

so are you going to make 2 1/2 pieces of gear drop?

you created this entire problem because you keep on making world quests so time consuming to do this expansion. No one was asking for this sort of thing in Legion and BFA

Also if you are going to start with this crap, let us pay by the day. If I only play 4 days a month then I want to only pay for 4 days a month.

8 Likes

yeah killing themselves out of subs from people like me who only does world content

1 Like

Now we just need to fix the stupid 5 days research timers so we can play the thing :smiley:

2 Likes

I agree. I completed this quest on Tuesday and again on Thursday. Each time I was done in a couple of hours.

4 Likes

well I have 10 more days on my game time and that is it - I am sick of them catering to the group who world content isn’t even their main game.

3 Likes

Honestly thank you for this change Blizzard. I appreciate you guys did it in a timely manner too.

You can still do all the same content every day (world quests, dailies, rares, treasures, etc.) without needing this quest to complete every three days. The big quest is just a container for all the little stuff you would do anway. And it sounds like you will still get equivalent rewards either way.

3 Likes

hey yea! Why is there no pet battles out here? no boss level pets or jiro training up little teams.

1 Like

the content is not rewarding enough to waste my time on. Those world quests reward very little and take a lot of time just not worth it.

Plus all this is unnecessary because once people have flying it will be done in less than 30 minutes

2 Likes

Oh gosh right? Every time something tells me I need a day + worth of time to unlock that cool new feature that I finally collected enough things to activate, it just feels so demoralising. You feel good about collecting these items to finally get to that carrot at the end of the stick, just to have the stick yanked away and replaced with a longer stick for your prize.

This zone is also driving home another problem I’ve been having lately. It’s getting harder and harder to get excited for these new features. I was already feeling it with Soulshape, but Pocopoc really helped drive it home. All this time spent designing these things, and they’re gone at the end of the expansion; sometimes after only one patch even. These are sometimes features in other games I would absolutely love, but I just find myself becoming more and more apathetic about in WoW because I know if I allow myself to get attached, it will just feel that much worse when they take it away. :frowning:

2 Likes

Why do you guys make so many bad calls about grinds these days?

Seems like you get warning from your boots on the ground devs and just push it live regardless

Where is your 20 years of finely tuned design that doesn’t need regular backtracking

4 Likes

That’s cool. Doesn’t help those of us who missed out on completing that first round of it because it reset after only two days rather than three though. That’s 500 rep we’ve missed out on.

1 Like

It can already be finished in a couple hours (After doing dailies/WQs and opening some treasures and killing a few rares, it was over 80% complete yesterday for me)… Even if they did increase the time a little bit, it wouldn’t be anywhere close to requiring work every day. Not to mention, you’re probably logging in to do dailies/WQs every day, so even if you just did those (which takes, what, 45 minutes tops?) all week, you’d finish the weekly easily.

This is why expanding caps are so important. :\ They should have a cap on the amount of rep you can earn each week, through whatever means you desire, and then have that cap rollover and add to next week’s cap, etc - just like the current Valor Point model. That way, if you miss out on something/don’t cap rep one week, you aren’t permanently behind.

2 Likes

But you have to do that content to fill the bar on the Patterns quest, and it’s the only content you can do to complete the quest, so it’s essentially the same thing with fewer steps? Either way, it’s definitely better to move on to something you enjoy and is more rewarding to you and I wish you luck. :slight_smile:

1 Like

thanks, that’s encouraging, my motivation just went up a notch !

Sure! Honestly, if you ignore it and don’t even try to specifically target the unlock, you’ll probably do it automatically if you just do all the available quests and then the weekly quest every week until the unlock in week 3.

The only exception is the scrolls, but if you have an addon like HandyNotes it shows you where they are. Just have to click and loot all 7 of them and you’re done. You’ll probably find at least some rares and chests while gathering those. :smiley: