Patterns Within Patterns shouldn't expire

I don’t think the game should cater to people who can’t play once every 3 days.

I don’t think asking for a QoL feature that has established precedence is the same as asking to be catered to.

3 Likes

Some of us don’t want to be on WoW every day…

1 Like

How is that being ‘catered to’, exactly? And we’re not talking once every three days, we’re talking being able to complete that quest in three days which may not be the case if RL happens.

You may have the luxury of having no calls on your time in RL but many players, who pay as much as you do do not have that option.

For those with time to play, you get rewarded every three days for the time you put in. For those who DON’T have that time, you get rewarded when you turn in the quest, but don’t get a new one until the next reset.

So you’d be rewarded twice, for example, in the time it took me to complete 1 quest.

How is this catering? You get rewarded for your time with extra benefits, I get rewarded for my time at the cost of not getting extra benefits.

edit to clarify.

1 Like

and that is why they extended what used to be daily content to 3 days

I would much much rather they stop with the world quests that take more than 5 minutes to do than extended this out.

It was weekly in Korthia, then told to be bi-weekly, but then came out as every 3 days.

Reservoir anima quest is rollover. Shaping Fate is rollover. Patterns Within Patterns should work the same and rollover. My alts are sad.

What are you talking about? This is exactly like Shaping Fate, it’s meant to be a progressive zone participation thing. They didn’t extend it, they shortened it.

well i prefer the every 3 days - most of you guys once you get your flying or whatever it is you are doing these for, won’t even bother doing these. I don’t raid or do dungeons so I want to have some reason to log in and the dailies and rares and chests aren’t rewarding enough for me without this huge chunk of rep.

I don’t have a big problem with what OP suggested since it doesn’t affect me right now.

However, this 3 days business was originally put in so people would not have to log in every day. And somehow, now blizzard keeps making the dailies take longer and longer to do because now people have 3 days, so this isn’t a quick thing to do which is the problem.

It’s super easy to knock it out in a couple of hours

1 Like

Super easy to let the progress roll over too.

should they do the same thing with raid lockouts, the great vault then too ? what about the world quest event ? should the progress be rollover there as well?

My vault rewards don’t seem to go away if I don’t pick them up the next week so….?

I really think you’re just in this thread to be a contrarian.

2 Likes

Uh… no?

We’ve never been able to do that with weeklies. If I finished Shaping Fate the next week and turned it in, I finished the weekly.

If you finish Patters within Patters and turn it in during the middle of the next three day period, you don’t get until the that three day period is up.

Now if you want advocate for progress to be carried over to the next three day period, then absolutely.

For players there really is no downside to letting the quest rollover and then being able to pick up the next one when finished. There is a downside for Blizzard, because in my opinion the goal of this is to keep people playing. I know I would just take log in on the weekend and do the shaping fate quest. The rest of the week I could not play at all. Now this really is FOMO because if you don’t log in you will miss out on doing/finishing the quest. With it there being a possible three times a week to do it that can be a lot of incentive log in an play even if you are unhappy with the content.

You can save the raid lockout so you can do that already. And it would be amazing if you did 6 m+ dungeons that you get 2 items in your vault and the left over 2 m+ dungeons would count for next week!

The downside to not letting it roll over is players will say " I won’t get this done by the time it resets so I will not do ZM."

Or after doing some ZM players will say “Damm I wasted my time doing ZM stuff because I didn’t get credit for my efforts. I am bitter about this”

Both these things is bad.

2 Likes

There ya go, you get a whole week now.

I would have been happy with a true bi-weekly (resets on Tuesday Morning and Friday night)

It’s being changed to a weekly quest.