Pathfinder Part 2 requirements

Besides Battle for Azeroth Pathfinder, Part One, all you need is Revered with the new factions of Rise of Azshara: Rustbolt Rebellion for Mechagon, and Ankoan / Unshackled for Nazjatar! Remember that this is the very first PTR build, so these requirements can change at any time.

Please please let this be an indicator that Blizzard is listening to us about wanting the ability to get flying easier. And please don’t change these requirements.

Now next expansion only have 1 part of Pathfinder and don’t have it be timegated for so long and we’ll be solid. :+1:

45 Likes

Probably can only get 10 rep points per day…

49 Likes

Rep I can deal with. Heck, my Alliance main is a human, so she can help with that end. It’s any other requirements that I am worried about. x- x

2 Likes

Didn’t they mention there wasn’t going to be anymore rep requirements for part 2? I could have swore they said that…

Seriously, they need to stop with the time gating for things. It’s really getting annoying.

18 Likes

Children whining because their flying requires actual in-game time and actions. Oh no.

16 Likes

The requirements don’t bother me, the time gating of being able to get flying, and the time gating in the requirements bothers me. Just time gating in general bothers me, honestly. If I want to spend a whole 5-6 hour sitting just grinding something out, let me, Blizzard. And please stop time gating the ability to fly for a whole year, we’ve already “experienced the content” plenty by now, it’s time to let us fly over it now.

22 Likes

Compared to Part 1, that’s actually pretty tame.

If the reps work like Argus or current BfA reps, you should be able to hit revered in 2 weeks or less.

I would bet they are going to add on the War Campaign and maybe the questing achievements for Nazjatar and Mechagon.

2 Likes

We’ll see. If Legion was any indication Armies of Legionfall rep was pretty much gained passively from completing the questline on Broken Chore. It’s good all that is required is rep and not explorations or other odd things.

7 Likes

Yeah, no. It is entirely unhealthy to let people grind something like this out in one sitting, particularly if it would take more than 10 hours to do(Which, going by Vanilla reps, it would). And, in case you weren’t aware, there is/was a little loading screen message that said "Take everything in moderation, even World of Warcraft). We aren’t even in patch .2 of the expansion. When was it added in Legion again? WoD? Get out of here with that nonsense.

2 Likes

No it’s not.

You’ll still need to grind new zones without flying.

And I bet you next zone will have flying disabled.

They don’t listen.

10 Likes

It feels completely awful to play a game for an hour, only for the game to be like “that’s all the progress you can make for today towards this thing you want, time to go play a different game”. Time gating can suck it.

And the entire reason they added Pathfinder to begin with is because they wanted people to “experience the content first before they flew over it”. That has completely, pardon the pun, flown out the window, with making us wait almost a year now to fly, plenty of time to have “experienced that content” first.

19 Likes

I’m fine with this as usual, minus all the waiting.

1 Like

You must be knew around here.

2 Likes

Oh please, there are plenty of addicts who would literally sit in front of their computer for days to grind out stuff like rep if they were able to. Time gating is fine, especially for something as nonessential as flying. Also, the reason they implemented Pathfinder was because they were going to REMOVE flying altogether but the backlash made them rethink it. So now it is in a nice middle ground.

Hardly. I’ve been on the forums since BC. I will never get over the whining though.

2 Likes

should rename this game to world of time gating

7 Likes

So let them ! What’s the problem ? If I want invest ALL my time in a single activity, I should be able to do so

19 Likes

I’ve been here since Wrath, fyi.

It’s not the fact we have to work for anything in game. I also have 2 maxed accounts in RuneScape… So I know about grinding.

It’s the fact they implement things for no reason. Flying wasn’t an issue until Ion made it one.

And if you disagree you’re just lying to yourself.

24 Likes

If it is grindable and from multiple sources including instances (tabard rep please) and quest chains give rep where I have it in a couple days i’m fine otherwise I will grudgingly do it, but I won’t be happy.

1 Like

Nothing new, people will ALWAYS complain. Because getting revered is so hard. At max it’ll take like 1-2 weeks

3 Likes

Probably because it is an entirely unhealthy behavior and can literally lead to the deaths of players. In fact, it HAS led to the death of players in many other games.

Flying had been an issue on PvP servers for as long as it had been around. For carebears who never turned on PvP, it wasn’t an issue. It was only exacerbated by sharding later on in which people could gank everything in sight and disappear with no repercussions. It also removed the danger of playing on a PvP server which, again, was detrimental for the fun of those playing on those types of servers. Nice try though.