Pathfinder is getting ridiculous

Stop feeding the trolls guys. All of the people for pathfinder on this post is people who think that people playing how they are playing, are the only ones playing the game

I wouldn’t bother these trolls

3 Likes

Professions, anything else in the world like battle pets. Gonna take Marrs advice and ignore though.

1 Like

Must be nice to live at home in the basement and have all the time you need to waste time doing other things in a game so that you can play the point of the game itself… :roll_eyes:

Wait did he just make up everything I said or something?

He brought up doing mythics and stuff, had 0 reason to be brought up at all

Just doing world quests/1 weekly is all you do to get rep, its all I did to get rep, I really don’t understand whats going on at this point

Ill actually give that one, gathering professions kinda suck with DF and vigor

Oh, how much renown do I get doing LFR and instanced PvP? Let me answer that for you: None. So please, let’s stop with this “you just passively get 15 renown by playing the game”.

The expansion is lauded by diehard fans as one where they can just do what they want without penalty. And now those same people are criticizing players who did exactly that. I did what I wanted, I “played the game”. And I am nowhere near this absurd requirement for Pathfinder.

2 Likes

If you want to talk hypotheticals, then they could have just not started this war on flying and Pathfinder would have never existed and we would have flown around the Dragon Isle like we did from TBC to MoP.

3 Likes

The other problem is how many people alt hop or come back from time away. I have not worked on just one character this entire expac, no character has ever hit the renown requirement just from questing and doing casual WQs. So much for ‘not going out of your way’ to get. I also have no reason to complete new storylines and campaigns outside of leveling. Blizzard lied when they said Pathfinder was to ensure the players explored and saw the world. They went back on everything they said when they released Dragonriding INSTANTLY in this expac. But they STILL do pathfinder. So horrible.

2 Likes

And only at max level, and at what the current rate might have been now of like say 20k gold or something per character? Who knows.

Nope. I earned mine playing three hours a day because I work two jobs. But hey. If you wanna be rude about it, I will go right back at ya.

1 Like

Why?

Is free.

1 Like

Time Rifts and Dream Surges aren’t great for rep counting toward Pathfinder, either. You might get some centaur rep for killing rares in the Dream Surge, but it’s not much. Time Rifts are mostly going to give Soridormi rep.

1 Like

Honestly with how much gold is thrown at us now, could easily make it 100k per character if they just want the gold sink version brought back

Like you remember you had to buy flying in each expansion right? And from cata to mop the price went up 10x

So would make sense for it to continue to go up as the expansions go on, a big gold sink for alts

1 Like

you are talking hypotheticals from MOP and TBC and the like.

Flying was only at max level then, and it costs several thousand gold.

IIRC flying in TBC was 68 and going 150% wasn’t thousands of gold.

Also, why do those two xpac set the standard and not Cata? Just to support your argument?

800g for reg flying
5000 fast flyin
1000 for cold weather flying
250 for flight master (was mandatory, probably why it was so cheap)
2500 for w/e panda flying was

Plus cats was made entirely with flying in mind, hence why you got it right away

Immediately went away in MoP though as you needed level cap once more

So, makes sense to continue to require level cap and the price should go up as the amount of gold given out goes up as well, also gotta buy it on every character now as it was back then

Doesn’t matter now, they removed the rep requirements!

Congrats to those that this helps!

2 Likes

They recently made flying free, didn’t they? All my characters already had 310 so I didn’t benefit from it.

Don’t see the point in bringing up prices of flying anymore if that’s the case.

Oooh yea, it’s free now isn’t it

Well guess technically a pathfinder is free as well then, so we’re all good

Even the new one?

Yes all of them.

2 Likes

Oh, well fair play then

Just have it like an hour after the patch is live then, neat

1 Like