Pathetic Faction Balance Management (Again)

The irony is the one thing they’ve done- let players flee dominated realms- has only made faction imbalances considerably worse.

It would ironically have been BETTER if Blizzard had done nothing at all.

1 Like

Blizzard has never ‘managed’ faction balance on servers and never will.

Why the hell would they only make transfers for the dominant faction? that’s most stupid thing I ever seen someone type. Why should the dominated faction be stuck? you know damn well the horde or whoever is the heavy faction wont transfer, only the people who are outnumbered. NEVER make someone stay by offering transfers only to the dominating faction.

That’s great for the 1% of players that are hardcore- but 90% of players are not. Of those 90%, the ones that rolled Horde pvp are basically on pve servers where everything is ez mode except for the once or twice a week they go to BRM to try to wipe a buffed raid- while the Alliance players are dealing with being outnumbered all the time, everywhere they go.

Camping at instance portals, FPs, every single world farming spot is overrun. At most times, there’s more Horde in your immediate area than there are Alliance in the entire zone you’re in.

And again- 90% of players are more casual, and there’s not always going to be times where you can group up. It’s eventually going to wear down all but the most willful if you have to group to do anything, while the other side never has to worry about grouping up.

Imbalances like this are destined to get worse and worse, as players leave or quit. I know we’ve been listening to 15 years of idiots cheering when players quit but for once try to consider how bad this makes servers for everyone.

This is going to kill the game for literally everyone that didn’t want to be on a pve server- since all pvp servers are now Horde pve servers or close to it, and p2 is going to be the nail in the coffin.

What about those that want to have world pvp? What about those that want to be playing classic on bustling servers in a year or two? Servers stink without massive populations- this isn’t a party shooter where having 4 friends is fine to do everything; the economy and grouping for dungeons, leveling, etc… benefits heavily from having a large player base.

Uh, no? :thinking:

Okay, pvp is why many people play mmos

I think you are the fastest reply on the servers :stuck_out_tongue:

There should be a badge for that.

This, I can grant you. However, I would say that most people who are into PvP are going to trend towards MOBAs, FPSs, RTSs, and other such genres, rather than MMORPGs. Those are experiences designed around PvP. In WoW, PvP has always been an afterthought.

Grats on your e-win on a game you don’t even play. Got your store mount and furry suits ready yet?

Can’t compare that with free transfers. That wasn’t a thing in Vanilla. How you make such a connection is beyond me.

Wrong, that’s retail.

Sony did this with Planetside 2. If your faction was too many people, YOUR faction got the queue not the lower pop faction. It worked great.

2 Likes

Hate to break it to ya, man, but it was even back in Vanilla. There’s a reason it wasn’t until a few patches in that they actually added the Honor system or Battlegrounds. They were more focused on finishing up raids and tuning items.

Actually, Retail (from a dev perspective) has more focus on PvP currently than Vanilla ever did, with BGs, Arena, esports, world first, and more. The PvP people talk about when they’re talking about Vanilla? That wasn’t the devs. That was players organizing events on their own, or ganking people in the wild.

It’s easy. Just disconnect your brain from your fingers.

1 Like

MalGanis did.

Why do you think they are going to fix faction balance? They aren’t. They don’t care. Don’t like your server reroll on another one.

1 Like

People wont transfer because they would go from a high pop realm to a low pop realm, most people only think about that when choosing not to transfer.

1. That’s still punishing people for things beyond their control, and it IS taking away a choice if you give that choice to everyone else EXCEPT this group of people.

2. Voluntary transfers DO NOT WORK, they have tried this again and again. People are NOT going to purposely transfer to servers where they are outnumbered, at least not in high enough numbers to make a difference.

3. The ONLY thing that can fix faction inbalance is Blizzard forcibly moving people or even changing their faction, and there isn’t a single thing i can think of they could do that would kill this game faster.

People keep tossing the “punish” word around “because of things beyond their control”. Are severely minority factions not being punished for what they cannot control? Are we truly supposed to tear up when we think of temporary discomfort of a stacked faction and the heartrending ordeal of a free transfer for them, their friends, family and guild?

They have never attempted faction balancing queues coupled with free transfers.

I guess the whole faction queue thing is still being ignored. Blizzard has never done it so it must not exist. Those PSs that did it successfully? No, that must have been a fever dream.

My guess is that they feel that making the game extremely inconvenient or outright impossible to sign on to will shorten the lifespan of the game. I can’t disagree.

How are we defining success, here? Can you cite some examples, give some data?

1. It wouldn’t be temporary
  2. It’s not a small portion. It would be the majority that’s upset
  3. Percentage wise, people quitting due to server ratios is extremely tiny compared to what would quit if Blizzard forced current ratios with the extreme requirements that it would require.
1 Like

Faction balance is not crucial because blizzard intends to utilize crossrrealm bgs to mitigate the effects of the faction balance. It isn’t happening