Pathetic Faction Balance Management (Again)

Faction queues, coupled with free transfers would cause neither of those.

1. It would be temporary.
  2. It would be a small portion
  3. Percentage wise, statistics are almost always made up to suit an agenda on the fly. Also adding alarmist terms like “extreme requirements” has no basis in reality, and is simple to stoke feels.

I am all for Paid Character Transfer, but I have seen argument that once the service is up, only people of the minority faction will move out; and blizzard put out no incentive for transferring into a realm as minority…

One way to manage faction imbalance could be free faction change from the majority faction to minority only, and a lock on faction change from majority to minority…; and offer some additional incentive along the way.

I mean there are numerous ways one can devise, but the real issue is Blizzard’s inaction. I do believe that if Blizzard wish to address this issue, they can.

Friends on another server? They don’t like the server they are on? Server is too crowded?

But your quote highlights the primary reason people transfer. To join imbalanced servers in their favor by leaving imbalanced servers against their favor. And this is the reason why there are so many imbalanced servers. And that’s why this rule needs to exist. Otherwise the health of the departure server and the server you are going to both suffer.

Wow. The horde get more and the alliance fewer every time this is brought up.

1 Like

You clearly do not understand the issue, even on a 50/50 balanced server Blizzard can NEVER control when players play, so factions will AWAYS be imbalanced. That is why warmode and battlegrounds exist. Get a clue

I’m having difficulty understanding this. What exactly do you mean by faction queues? I ask because I want to be certain we aren’t talking about different things.

Clearly. I’ve explained it till I am blue in the face. Either you are feigning ignorance or trolling, or both at this point.

No, they aren’t being punished, because this isn’t Blizzard doing something to them. This is just how the server populations ended up.

Probably because preventing people from playing the game because of the faction they choose is PR suicide?

It’s not being ignored, it’s being dismissed as nonsense. Again, you cannot punish Horde because alliance flee a server. Don’t like it, flee like them.

Pretty much obvious they have no data about faction or they dont care at all about balance! + they seem to not read these forum

This is pretty much it. PvP server players caused the issue themselves.

If the OP is going to put his money where his mouth is he’d roll the under-represented faction, or he’d transfer to a server where alliance dominate (if such exists).

2 Likes

That’s okay, then: you’re not feigning any sort of ignorance whatsoever if you think faction queues wouldn’t make it extremely inconvenient if not impossible to actually sign on. Seriously, the total denial of what a login queue even means is the only possible explanation for your claims.

here is the problem, you could make the faction population split right down the middle and it wouldn’t make any difference if one side still doesn’t participate.
Players go horde on a PvP server because they know they are on the side that willingly seeks out Wpvp.
I play on several PvP servers and I see Ironforge loaded with 60’s.
They bounce around on their mounts all day long. Nuff said!

Maybe we should first worry about getting the faction numbers even before we worry about that.

Maybe, but it seems silly to put effort into something that won’t end up making any difference.

You’re assuming players rolling on PvP realms don’t want to participate in wPvP even when factions are even.

Then why did they roll on PvP realms?

It would do no such thing. The refusal to transfer would be what keeps them from logging on.

Why do you completely ignore the other half of the system, that which would be the availability for you, your friends, your family, to completely avoid that queue. NOTHING would stop you from playing the game, save your decision to stay in a queue.

If you think that putting arbitrary queues in place to enforce faction balance amongst online players will somehow endear people to the idea of PvP realms, you’re sadly mistaken. That will just push people away from those realms. Some will just move to PvE realms, but the rest will just leave the game.

That would be a Warlords of Draenor sized error on Blizzard’s part.

This is true as well. More people will transfer off a server from the lower population. Over time the server population ratio will become more extreme over time. Eventually it will become a situation similar to Illidan server for Horde in retail. Where it’s 95% one population and 5% the other.

Your view is decidedly . . . optimistic.