Pathetic Faction Balance Management (Again)

Who said anything about “endearing” players? I am proposing a solution to a genuine problem. I think I have been pretty clear that I have zero sympathy for those on a stacked team.

Uh, pushing members of the stacked faction away from those realms is the entire point.

What? Why on earth would they do that? Because they are to afraid of a fair and equal fight?

Yeah, I doubt that very much.

It is optimistic because it is sound logic. NOTHING would stop queued players from playing, save their desire to remain in a queue rather than moving themselves and their kin/friends to a server where they would not have the queue. Those that are on the server are enjoying a relatively evenly distributed faction ratio. As would those playing on the server that the transfers are pointing to.

Most PvP players don’t want a fair fight in world PvP. They want to win. Fair fights are for Battlegrounds and the Arena. World PvP is inherently unfair, and anyone who tells you different is lying, either to you, or to themselves.

And yes, any actual solution to the problem of unbalanced PvP realms would need to be something that players actually like. Otherwise, it would go over about as well as Warlords of Draenor did when they tried to take away flying.

WoW has never been the hardcore PvP experience. Or the hardcore anything, for that matter. That has always been the realm of other games, which focus more on the systems that make for a hardcore experience. WoW is the casual experience, and has been from the beginning. Did you not see how people got up in arms when they had queues even with layering when Classic launched? And you think adding queues back in but saying “You can’t play right now because we want more of the other faction” is going to make things better? It is just going to piss people off, and they will go elsewhere.

And, frankly, if people really wanted ‘balanced’ or ‘fair’ experiences in world PvP, then the first time around, they wouldn’t have fled servers they were disadvantaged on the moment free or paid transfers were made available. People don’t want fair world PvP.

2 Likes

Especially if one faction has a lot more players than the other faction.

Some players have been averaging 4+ hours in the game every single day. And they think that’s playing casually.

Players weren’t fleeing because of a 52/48 split.

They fled because the factions weren’t anywhere close to being balanced or fair.

2 Likes

There’s always going to be an imbalance. That is the way of things. If you want a perfectly balanced PvP experience, Arena is there for you in retail, or any of the MOBA games are there for you. Fair fights are found in Battlegrounds and Arenas. Everywhere else? Accept that it won’t be fair. Either embrace the suck, or reroll on a server where you’re in the majority. That is part of what signing up on a PvP server is all about.

1 Like

Is this a hard rule like “There must always be a Lich King”?

Never accept the world for what it appears to be. Dare to see it for what it could be.

People spending a lot of time on something does not make it hardcore. You can spend hours playing Minesweeper, but that does not make Minesweeper a hardcore game. You can spend hours playing Pokemon, but that does not make Pokemon a hardcore game. Learn the difference between a hardcore player and a hardcore game.

And yes, the factions weren’t anywhere close to being balanced or fair. Because most people don’t want balanced or fair. Not really. Most people want to win. And with WoW being a casual, more accessible version of the games of its time, players would much rather win easily, than have to put in all the extra work that comes with getting chain ganked all over the place.

1 Like

There’s nothing to win when the other faction is gone.

Congrats. You’ve successfully turned your PvP realm into a de facto PvE realm.

As it was, so shall it be. #nochanges

1 Like

That only works if login and play times are immutable. Otherwise, people just bounce from one PvP server to another depending on what’s popular when with who. “Sorry, too many people are on this server right now. Please move your characters back to the server you just vacated; a bunch of Horde logged off and a bunch Alliance logged on while you were asleep.”

If the queue is based on who’s actually online, anyway.

If it’s based on the amount of accounts, online or not, well . . . that’s it’s own set of issues.

Come to think of it, total population isn’t even the proper measure. After all, it makes no difference if there are 5000 extra level 5 characters of one faction on a server where everybody else is 50+. Indeed, it’s difficult to imagine that all the faction imbalance happens to be concentrated in one zone on a given server. Everybody isn’t hanging around Westfall all at once. It’s spread out, isn’t it?

I’m going to think about that for a while; I may or may not get back to you. Going to look at my own assumptions. :slight_smile:

PvP on a balanced realm is far and away a more enjoyable PVP atmosphere. Saying that players only want a fair fight in BGs/Arenas is absurd. They do not want a fair fight at any time. However when the teams have relatively equal sides, one has to actually stop and think about the repercussion of attacking another player. Large scale meaningful WPvP happens much more often on balanced servers. And yes, I am speaking from my experience of playing on MalGanis when it was horde stacked, as well as RPPVP servers that were balanced.

1 Like

That is one of the most ludicrous statements I’ve ever read. If you walk onto a football field and the other team has 5 times the players as you and you turn around and leave, it is not due to you NOT wanting a balanced game.

4 Likes

Nowhere did I propose it be off total population. In fact I have proposed that it should merely keep the online characters within around a 10% allowable difference before the queue would occur.

There is a hang up with most PvP players about dying that has always been prevalent in this game.
They take it personally. I could never understand this.

Yes, and especially to this part. If people are going to get butthurt about having someone to fight against, let them cry it out.

This guy gets it.

2 Likes

Can I get a blue post on why blizzard is trying to kill not only my server but a handful of others by allowing certain factions to die?

They put the tools in players’ hands. That players shoot their own eyes out is not Blizzard’s problem.

1 Like

I remember you OP, from the following ridiculously named post you made at August 17:

Despite the blatant lie in the title, you correctly state

Note that this post was made at August 17th, 10 days before the Classic launch.

So, you sir, “Oh I care about the balance so much” have chosen, with full information on faction distribution, to roll horde on a 60:40 H:A server.

You are the worst sort of hypocrite.

You are the reason why Herod will be a PVE server with a single faction in one month. You personally. And hypocrites like you.

You said in one of your previous crocodile tear posts that you will not reroll alliance on Herod since you don’t want delete your dear raid geared level 60…

Well, you don’t have to. You have been blessed OP! Since there are free realm transfers from Herod to Heartseeker at this very moment, you can preserve your oh so dificult to obtain gear and transfer to an underrepresented faction at Heartseeker, and finally create an alliance toon on Herod. If you do so, I personally will give you 20 gold to help you start up.

But you will not do so. Because you are a virtue signalling hypocrite, as evidenced by your post history. So unless you miraculously transfer, don’t ever post about faction balance again, you lost all legitimacy.

If I ever see you farming likes with your false tears again, I’ll keep relinking the same post.

Pathetic.

3 Likes

That doesn’t sound fun.

:T

ah, thought there was. I haven’t seen world pvp/ganking in so many years I forgot how it worked I guess lol

1 Like