Patch progression in TBC. Do it

I know you can do it.

You even said yourself blizzard, you have all the data you need for it.

I understood why you couldn’t with classic, don’t do the same thing with tbc.

47 Likes

Logged in to my account just to agree and upvote

This is exactly what I want :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I too would prefer this.

5 Likes

agree. no nerfed bosses or attunements or rep grinds!

7 Likes

Yes, please.

2 Likes

Thanks comrades

2 Likes

Nah. Have all the class changes, balance fixes, and the like in from the start. Nuke attunements.

4 Likes

Start with 2.1 and go patch by patch.

2.0 has a lot of buggy, broken stuff but 2.1 is what a lot of people remember as when TBC was great.

Please keep the 2.1 High Astromancer Solarian as well. I’d like an actually fun encounter and not a geddon clone.

Same with the version of Magtheridon where you actually need multiple cube groups.

2 Likes

2.4.3 is best.

Something needs to happen, as for how they do it, man I dont know…

Really I would love to have the REAL TBC client instead of this retail knock off… If they have the data, and they got the original stuff why not just use it?

They can extract the character meta data and dump that on real TBC realms, and that would greatly reduce the number of pesky bugs that may crop up at launch that never existed before.

1 Like

Knowing Blizzard we will probably see 2.4.3 with attunements, which I think is fine.

However, I FIRMLY believe the tiers need to be gated as they are in private servers.
Lots of people forget all of tier 4 and 5 was released with BC.

This would leave only 3 patches of major content over (presumably) 2 years.
-Tier 6: Hyjal (which was also kind of in the game at launch, but gated behind a massively overturned Kael fight) and Black Temple.
-Zul Aman: catch up gear
-Sunwell: Tier 6~ish gear with belt/boots/bracers

3 Likes

Assume that each major patch has 100 bugs, 5 features/upgrades. That’s a lot to refactor the code along with each release. They have to bring most of the major bug fixes into an earlier patch, then do that for 4 major patches. No sane engineer team would do that.

The easiest way is to use the base 2.4 with attunements put back in the game.

Don’t think we will do it. We will just do the final patch. Easier that way, and you will stay around anyway.

2 Likes

No need to gate Hyjal, if they release Sunwell with ZA cause lets face it if they dont. the game be dead, no one wants to do 11 months of BT and ZA is not going to keep people around, its like ZG people just did it for idols and rep, then forget about it.

While TBC lasted 22 months originally, Its really only a good 18month expansion hopefully Blizzard doesnt try stretch it.

The best part of TBC is the initial 1-3 months and people want to gate this? crazy talk imo.

Not gonna happen. Blizzard does not like to spend money when it does not have to do.

They also gonna use the legion client, so its gonna be a reengineered mess just like classic. They gonna have a 2.4.3 version. It must be a horrifying experience to actullay check the progressive patches on an originial test client, then mumbojumbo code em into the legion client with tons of bugs and then do this every 2 months for another patch.

No way

1 Like

I really want them to, at the very least ensure they aren’t using the totally nerfed content and they gate the content like they did with raids/dungeons in Classic. While there were a lot of raids available at launch in TBC, we were different players back then and we’d consume it within weeks - which is horrible for the health of the game.

I really want pre-raid and t4 to be relevant for longer than… like a week.

1 Like

Yes we want super broken patches and classes that will have so much rage on the forums that they will make changes.

Nothing better than waiting for time gated patches to fix stuff.

Amazing 2.4

Here’s how I’d like to see it done

Phase One: Before the Storm

• 2.4.3 class balance
  • All raids except BT and Sunwell
  • Revered heroic keys
  • Manditory attunement quest lines
  • Aside from bug fixes and QoL changes, instances are in their pre-nerf form
  • Arena Season 1

Phase Two: The Black Temple

• Black Temple releases
  • Daily quest hubs added to the game
  • Raids and dungeons updated to final 2.4.3 state
  • Ruins of Lordearon added to the arena rotation
  • Arena Season 2

Phase 3: The Gods of Zul’Aman

• Zul’Aman releases
  • Honored heroic keys
  • Arena Season 3

Phase 4: Fury of the Sunwell

• Sunwell Plateau releases
  • Attunements for all raids waived
  • Arena season 4
5 Likes

If theyre going to do 2.4 balance, id really hope they’d nerf resto druids, rogues and mace stunning for arenas. Otherwise everyone might as well just roll those specs. I hope we don’t see more #nochanges stuff. We tried it with classic. It sucked