Patch 8.3: Peace Treaty Questline

https://www.wowhead.com/news=304964/peace-treaty-between-alliance-and-horde-new-questline-coming-in-visions-of-nzoth

This is where a lot of the datamined 8.3 dialog will be found, including:

• Baine talking to Rokhan about leading the Darkspear
  • Thrall, Baine, and Lor’themar discussing a council over a Warchief
  • Lor’themar and Thalyssra’s flirting
  • Tyrande’s resentment towards the treaty, and Shandris’s subsequent upset

Some things worth noting:

• Lilian is present at the gathering of Horde leaders, probably as the current representative of the Forsaken.
  • Gallywix is still present with the Horde leaders, and there doesn’t seem to be any sign of the dialog where Gazlowe is made Trade Prince. This could either mean Gallywix won’t be leaving, or that it was removed before launch to hide the surprise (I’m hoping it’s the latter).
  • Valeera is present amongst the Alliance leaders.

In addition, there are two encrypted in-game cutscenes, one for Alliance and one for the Horde, added as well. These are labeled “Epilogue,” and will likely be the definitive ending for BFA’s War Campaign before we head into Visions of N’Zoth.

14 Likes

Sweeet I was starting to think the epilogue was gonna be just nzoth stuff

inb4 all the people mad the war is over

1 Like

Uh-oh, Horde better watch out. Peace treaties never end well for them.

25 Likes

Even if everything that Grandblade is stating is true. There’s no logical reason to conclude that means an end to the Faction War. The Horde and The Alliance declared peace at the end of the RTS… which lasted until the next game came out.

3 Likes

Umm, the faction is over lol. Btw the faction war being over doesnt mean a faction war cant start again.

1 Like

I mean, nothing I’ve said hasn’t been taken directly from the article about it, so yeah, it’s true. It’s an end to the war campaign posed in BFA, and in effect, the Fourth War as we’re apparently titling it - whether or not that’s an end to the faction war for good remains to be seen. I was under the impression Varian and Vol’jin ended it in the epilogue of Siege of Orgrimmar, so I’ll keep an open mind for both possibilities.

I’m leaning towards this being the end for good though.

3 Likes

Lor’themar’s acting the same way I do when I’m on a date I don’t want to be on. Poor guy.

I’m skeptical about that, but I’d like to hope so.

8 Likes

Even if Gallywix stays the most he would do is plunder organizations outside the Alliance causing Alliance to dive in to the rescue. Gallywix would know better than to target the Alliance’s own Zones like Sylvanas and Garrosh did.

He knows better than to start a War with the Alliance like Sylvanas and Garrosh did. All conflicts will be proxy wars now.

Sylvanas(Warmongering and taking advantage of Oaths) and Garrosh(Racism) are resolved while Gallywix(Greed) still remains. Gallywix is much more competent than the other 2 and thus could theoretically wait until the Alliance’s own darker Elements are disposed of before making a slip up(of course knowing Blizzard they most likely make him slip up first for Raid material).

1 Like

YOU’VE DOOMED US ALL, THE DWARF AND HIS FETISH ARE COMING! NAARU SAVE US!

On a more serious note I do hope that we get a detailed treaty to speculate how the Horde is gonna break it next time.

8 Likes

the alliance has mastered the art of peace-treaty-fu

7 Likes

Ugh here it comes. Going to need a shower to wash off the filth of dealing with this nonsense.

10 Likes

Could be that the goblin heritage armor chain takes place after this.

1 Like

Which is strange since that means non-goblin players will see Gallywix and then not know he’s gone until the next time Horde reps get together and Gallywix is replaced by Gazlowe with no indication as to why.

1 Like

Faction war is over equals. We’re in a pause until the next expac drops. It’ll drop back to being the normal B or C story instead of the A story it was supposed to be in BFA.

1 Like

I am pretty sure it has happened before, no one knows Amber is dead only Rogues do, and many things that happened in the Order Halls are not presented to other classes, so I can see them going with that.

Blizzard already said, there isnt gonna a until next xpac, the war is over in shadowlands too, there isnt gonna be a reason to pvp in the story, so gonna have to wait till after shadowlands for your possible fifth war.

I will still bet you a donut that we’ll still see another PVP battleground brought in though… with more of a death theme, perhaps.

3 Likes

Ion already said they arent but shrug

Classic had a peace treaty AFAIK, and there were still skirmishes around, WoD happened after MoP and there were still fights.

1 Like

Probably another arena map, which isn’t a faction conflict.