Patch 8.3 noteworthy items/abilities

From the ptr so far, are there any new items that appear op?
Also with hp pools getting even bigger will everyone be tanky?

http://prntscr.com/q7c1e4That’s gonna be fun.

4 Likes

My biggest worry is the literal army of tentacles everyone’s going to be spawning because of the corruption effects (Which as of right now aren’t just on the raid weapons). Are they going to slow? Are they going to be targetable? is this Gur Thalak all over again?

They won’t affect mage or lock though. Lock just stands there. And mage can blink.

…Isn’t it odd that corruption benefits these classes the most?

2 Likes

I hope this next season just gets weird and is just random nonsense abilities and trinkets

2 Likes

I think it is odd how ugh you are

1 Like

That trinkets absolutely insane for you big Gwen

1 Like

As it stands right now because Blizzard refuses to actually communicate with anyone when it comes to pvp. The next patch is going to be completely messed up… the corruption… insane scaling… Trinkets like the guy above posted with 300k absorb shield that boost to 400k if you take magic damage. There are so many different sources of damage increases though that I think the scaling will be so messed up that the damage is gonna fly through the roof. Like if you enter Arena on a fresh 120 and get chaos bolted by a guy in 8.3 raid gear you’ll prob die to a single bolt.

1 Like

i hope they remember to pre-nerf this thing
https://ptr.wowhead.com/item=174528/void-twisted-titanshard&bonus=4822:1487

Oh the pools that spawn under a player’s feet will kill you in under 10 seconds. If anything Destro could be screwed if they attempt to use any corruption gear.

3 Likes

How is having to use a major movement CD considered beneficial? You blink has a CD right?

Also you will not just be sitting in these tanking the dmg.

and keep in mind there will be higher ilvl sporepods and mythic mechagon tank trinket, so that stuff isn’t going away.

High mobility classes will be able to abuse corruption. SV with the new polearm will slay people, they have post haste and freedom to ignore the slow.
One polearm is a 2% HP damage and leech 25% of your auto attacks.
The other is basically a PHDK nightmare where it randomly stacks and randomly procs stacks of 1-3% HP per second.

Bear Druid/SV might be absolutely busted if they don’t remove corruption from arena.

it’s a 15sec cd that has two charges. Calling it a “major movement CD” is hopefully a joke.

There’s gonna be just a lot of leaving arena/afk etc

A dk with this is gonna be absurd lol

You must not be aware of high levels a play. The blinks if used inproperly will be life or death. Implying that mages can just blink the affix away without consequence is incredibly naive.

And using it to avoid a mechanic that can kill you is an improper use? The point is, classes with more mobility will deal with this better, and mages have excellent mobility.

1 Like

The trinket needed to fight wizards!

1 Like