Parsing in classic

HoP iN ReTaIL ILl Be ImPreSseD … feeling lonely boy?

3 Likes

This is all super true, unfortunately people use parses for exactly this. To try to feel superior to others, to try to get more loot, and to single others out. It’s very toxic behavior and I’m sure just about every guild has seen it.

Turning a cooperative PvE experience into a competitive PvP experience is the antithesis of Raids.

3 Likes

I left my guild in September because they demanded every pre-bis be obtained and all consumables and world buffs be active.

The game is braindead easy as it is. I’m not farming 10,000 arena runs for +3 extra strength/agility on Savage Gladiator Chain lmao.

1 Like

Non-warriors got mad and decided to try and “fix” warcraft logs.

This post reminds me of kids in school saying ‘‘i could do that, i just dont want to’’ yeah sure bud.

2 Likes

It’s funny if a mage parsed high on a few fights in MC.

Means they sucked. Should have decursed.

Mechanics 101 failure.

1 Like

…such as?

Outside of AoE scenarios and sniping something at <1% with a quick instant cast, what are you pressing 99% of the time?

1 Like

Lol, probably.

Honestly people do it for all sorts of reasons ranging from making themselves look better to just messing around because they can. I wouldn’t trust Warcraft Logs too much, just compare yourself against the other people you raid with.

This is such a spastic thing to say.

Pop AP + Miss your FB 2 times due to rng + don’t crit due to rng = you are doing 400 dps less than another mage. Not because he’s spamming hidden buttons or AE during single target fights.

2 Likes

Half of MC is not single target. SPECIALLY if your raid cares about clear times which is the accepted community meta for those who are interested in more than just clearing the raid.

A good mage will have frost bolt be LESS THAN HALF his total casts across bosses.

I get what you’re saying but mostly I’m trying to parse for myself because it’s 15 year old content, i’m not expecting a challenge so might as well see how well i can do.

As to the one button rotation, ya it definitely sucks but positioning and resists are usually the determining factor in how you parse. There is only one thing to do for a mage and that’s maximize the amount of frostbolts you cast during the fight.

On a fight like Rag i can parse 90% or 70% depending on how many times i get knocked back.

Resists also play a huge role since even hit capped you still resist 1% and with bad RNG you might get 3 resists in the last 5 casts of the Golemagg fight (from experience but not hit capped yet).

Yep, it’s 15 year old content but i enjoy farming. I’ve spent a lot of hours killing lashers, have a ton of materials banked so might as well use them.

Why get salty because people are better than you?

I’m not salty. And your not better then anyone I’m affraid. You said it yourself. You put in a bunch more time then they do.

1 Like

A big part of the skill is:

Standing in Org at the right time.

Clearing an unrelated dungeon prior to raid (tribute buff)

Spending a large sum of money on consumables.

And the raid being so pathetically easy it’s a given you will be alive the entire raid to not lose some of the buffs.

1 Like

Are they ACTUALLY belittling you or are you just FEELING belittled because you are so low on the meter? Maybe you just play with a bunch of a-holes, but I have rarely seen anyone publicly belittling someone to their face for their meter performance. They usually don’t have to. Those at the bottom know or should know that they are underperforming without having to be told.

Our guild has a 45 min MC clear and besides domo (most guilds can’t aoe adds down still), lucifron ( dogs before that also) and gehennas, sulfuron where are you spamming AE exactly ? and those bosses aren’t even the reason why the clear takes 45 min.

We also clear in less than 45 min, and Luci, Ghennas, Garr, Domo, Sulfuron are all better clear times if your mages are AoEing everything together and the warriors are also cleaving things together etc

Luci has 3 targets, Ghennas has 3 targets. Killing Garr adds after Garr dies is a time and dps loss for entire raid assuming you know how to AoE things properly. Sulfuron is a clear “aoe all targets at once” by any real guild.

Domo you don’t have to do all 8 at once, but 4-6 at once is like super easy.

Yea. But not in a raid. It was some salty mage who was bad at PVP.

It’s not so much about my personal experience as it is how those who put a ton of effort in to being the top 99% arent humble about it. And those that aren’t are probably in the minority.

Literally nothing in WoW matters. This is a video game. :ghost:

These posts always attract the same people and they all agree with eachother in saying that the game is very easy - we could do it, we just don’t. Retail chars, alts and people with 40 parses united.

the “haha you expect me to farm an item that is better than this item for a 26 dps increase?” always gets me because they go specifically to raids to get gear. Imagine Deathbringer dropped for a fury warr and you told Mr Can’t be bothered that he isn’t getting it because its only a measly 26 dps increase over his dalrends. The game is so easy he should come to raids and remain in full blues for the next year

1 Like

Or those mages are in runs with people using restorative pots and have the 5 druids decursing anyways?