Parsec remote desktop

Hey, I thought I would ask for an official confirmation, since I can’t find one on online. I know Cloud Gaming is banned completely, but what about using remote desktop to connect to my home machine.

I’ve seen a lot of people say they have been banned for it, however this tweet from Terran Gregory implies you can use Parsec to stream to your local machine

Is this all clear? It would be one button press to input one button press, there is no automation, and it’s between my laptop and my desktop in the same house on the same network

Not something you will get here, or even if you submitted a ticket.

First problem is that this forum is not a contact point for the staff as it is a forum for players to assist other players. Yes, you do see Blues posting, but they are our SFAs who kindly offer their advice, insight and keep us hoodlums in line.

Secondly, Blizzard as a whole does not give their official anything in regards to any program or method of playing the game outside of it’s original meant-to-be-played format. Not only do policies change on a dime, and someone will absolutely dredge up a ten year old post to point and say “but THIS says I can do this!!!”, but there are also other factors and dangers of one person giving any kind of “official” approval or confirmation. Our SFAs cannot give that, a GM cannot even give that. A Dev maybe could, but they’re not the most communicative lot and that still would put a great deal on that person’s shoulders (and head, when it inevitably causes trouble down the line).

Any third-party program is risky. And while I want to say someone else came here some time back thanks to a similar post or that this particular person did things that normally folks are warned against, I cannot put my finger on it at this very second.

Everything is do at your own risk. You will not get any official go-ahead on the practice or the software, no matter who is tweeting about it. But me personally? No way would I risk my playtime over something hypothetical.

And while it’s not particular to Parsec or Terran specifically, this post (with plenty of snippets from one of our SFAs) pretty much covers the lot of it.

6 Likes

Honestly sounds like it would be a little to close to cload gaming. I would avoid this unless you want to take a chance with your account, I know I would not.

There is nothing about the use of remote desktop to connect a machine you own to a machine you own that would violate any rules.

There is no guarantee that you will not experience issues due to the use of it, either.

It’s been argued to death, but with the EULA written as it is in that vague-ish fashion, Vrak did explain it well.

Source

While it isn’t explicitly forbidden, it’s also not explicitly allowed. There are so many variables that can get in the way - extraneous software or whatnot that can flag Warden. It is definitely a “use at your own risk” situation that is not supported. That much is at least clear.

7 Likes