Pandaria Portals gone

I admittedly hadn’t thought of setting my main hearth to Dalaran. Thank you for that.

I’ll miss being hearthed in Pandaria, though. I like it for sentimental reasons and also because I use my farm there still and loading screens are slow on my potato of a computer so the fewer I need to get to where I’m going, the better. Those really are me issues, though. :wink:

2 Likes

I guess. Just seems strange to do it after having left them in the game for this long. Still bad timing on their part since the new portal rooms aren’t even open yet. Oh well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If not a bug it’s as silly as when they removed the Shat portals thinking people would create hang-out areas apart from new content or AH hubs. And now there is a portable AH…

So how the heck does someone get to old Dalaran without having to wait on a ship to Northrend?

I don’t like having to take 10 minutes of my time to get to Old Dalaran…

Don’t understand why they didn’t wait until 8.1.5 to take the portals out when the hub will actually be implemented. WTF is the point of taking them out NOW?

Boy were you wrong, sad to say :frowning:

Near anduin, in the keep first door on your left when you get in I believe. Sends you to new dally

He’s referring to the current game as PTR

1 Like

Also why doesn’t anybody use the portals in New dalaran…

More DUMB changes… Instead of fixing broken classes or Crapzerite they remove portals… USELESS CHANGE

5 Likes

lol

/10char

That’s kind of a shame. It used to be a nice shortcut back to Light’s Hope from Valley of the Four Winds. I guess I can use Orgrimmar, and portal to UC, and fly out to LH from there, though.

I’ll admit, I was surprised the Pandaria portals had remained as long as they have.

We call it Lagaran for a reason. That, and there’s no portals to Old Dalaran, nor Shattrath.

1 Like

Apparently, you either find a mage or hearth to new Dalaran and take the portal in the center to Wyrmrest Temple from there and then fly to old Dalaran. Or hearth to new Dalaran, portal to Pandaria and then portal to old Dalaran.

I agree that they should have left Pandaria as is, at least until the new portal rooms in SW/Org are available.

1 Like

I forgot about that portal to Wyrmrest… derp. I used to use the portal in the Panda Shrine, but if that was removed, guess I gotta spend ~2 minutes flying up from Dragonblight…

Im locked at 90 I cant use the new dalaran hubs because I cant go there.
The point is I locked my characters at 90 to stay in MoP content, so it isnt relevant that I CAN play in legion.
it was pointless to remove something as useful as those portals that werent harming blizzard or anyone else.

2 Likes

useless change is right.
All they managed to accomplish was irritate people like myself who like to use that hub for characters in MoP content.

I swear the person who comes up with this crap is actually working for the competition seeing if he can kill WoW.

7 Likes

Well, technically, if you can get a mage to port you there, you can set your hearth there and use the portals there. I have a level 20 character hearthed in Legion Dalaran for that reason. I agree it’s less convenient than simply having a bunch of portals in Pandaria to use, though.

Again, as long as you use a mage portal you can go to the Legion version of Dalaran regardless of your level. I looked it up and there is confirmation that characters as low as level 20 can use them, possibly lower.

If you’re not willing to ask a mage for a portal, then tip them, then that’s your problem.

So how long did it take you to level up to 10 after they blocked your level 1 trolling alt?

2 Likes

Because if they had announced it, there would have been an outcry, and so they would rather attempt to sneak it in. Classic Blizzard. “Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain”

4 Likes