Pandaren New Year (Chinese New Year) <Cross-Faction, Public RP event>

This is so exciting and lovely! Would anyone be willing to invite my panda to a group the day of so she can attend? She’s on a pve server cause I’m too poor for a character transfer just yet :frowning:

1 Like

We can definitely do that. What is her name-realm?

Lahria-Blackhand! :smiley:

1 Like

Neat! Pandas for life. I’ll do my best to be there.

1 Like

One week away! Woohoo!

So glad it will be cross-faction this year. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Panda New Year! :panda_face:

TOMORROW is the day, everyone! Come ring in the Year of the Rat with us.
:rat::red_gift_envelope: :fireworks: :izakaya_lantern: :ramen: :beers:

HAPPY NEW YEAR! :fireworks:

1 Like

TONIGHT is the Pandaren New Year festival!

See you all at 8p realm time inside the grounds of the Shado Pan Monastery (NOT the instance), Kun Lai. Cross-faction, all races welcome.

(See link below for starting location on the grounds.)

https:// tinyurl .com/rwkas2n (no spaces)

Hi there! I’ll be running around for about an hour from 7st to 8st (EDIT: at the starting location!) handing out :star: FREE :star: Red Festival Dresses / Suits!

Just look for the horse that is glittering and holding an Alliance banner.

As I’m doing this on Alliance, anyone who wishes to do the same on Horde is MORE than welcome! Yall have fun now, and have a lovely New Year!

(A special thank you to Mailang and their group for hosting this event by the way, you all are wonderful!)

1 Like

Thank you! :smiley:

Anyone low level or without Pandaria flight…

If you can get a port to Shrine, we’ll have people with 2-seater mounts to ferry you to the event site. Just whisper Mailang (A) or Atalfon (H).

Whoo! Happy year of the :rat:. :slight_smile:

Thank you, one and all, who came to celebrate our festival with us. A big shout out to all of the people outside Om Nom who helped coordinate and collab with us to make this event turn out so well.

Happy lunar new year, everyone. Hope you had a swell time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Damn, I was planning on going and I completely spaced it! I hope it was wonderful, and I’ll look forward to going next year!

1 Like

A most wonderful event, thank you very much for hosting.

1 Like

- UPDATED FOR 2021 EVENT -

:izakaya_lantern: :izakaya_lantern: :izakaya_lantern:
WHAT: Pandaren New Year (Chinese New Year) > Cross-Faction, Public RP event
HOST: Om Nom Noodles
WHERE: Shado Pan Monastery (not the raid instance), Kun-Lai Summit
WHEN: Saturday, February 13th, at 8p realm time

Om Nom Noodles us hosting its 5th annual Pandaren New Year (Chinese New Year) RP cultural festival. It’s a cross-faction RP event in the snowy Kun-Lai mountains. Join us as we show the public how to celebrate the lunar new year Pandaren style. Come celebrate one of the most beloved festivals of Pandaren culture, regardless of your own race or faction.

(We’ll be selling lunar festival outfits, fans, lanterns, kites, and inky black potions before event begins if you don’t have your own.)

Required:

1. Warmode OFF
  2. 2-3 Elixirs of Tongues

Order of Events:

1. Start inside the Shado Pan Monastery walls (not the instance), waiting for people to gather and selling festival gear for those who want it.
  2. Dragon/turtle parade through the grounds, ending in the central pavilion.
  3. FREE Pandaren good fortune food, sweets, brews, and teas. IC tea leaf readings predicting your fortune in the new year.
  4. Two shrine priestesses will be available to help guests give offerings and prayers to their gods and ancestors.
  5. Mini games-- Rice Ball Roulette, Teacup Board Game, and Chopstick Marble game.
  6. Noodle eating contest.
  7. Drunken footrace.
  8. Traditional Pandaren music performance.
  9. Fireworks show.
  10. Red envelopes / prayer of blessing to close.
  11. After party with Apprentice Lorewalker Seasen telling a Pandaren tale.

If you’d like to participate in any way (ICly play Pandaren instruments, host a game, etc.), contact Mailang via discord (Mailang#4638). Otherwise, this is a public RP event, so all races/factions are welcome. Meet us inside the Shado Pan Monastery walls (not the raid instance) at 8pm realm time. Dress in festival clothes.

Specific directions can be found on the event discord:
< https:// discord .gg/nkynsgSFb6 >
( ^^ no spaces ))

:izakaya_lantern: :ramen: :beers: :dango: :tea: :chopsticks: :kimono:

5 Likes

Anything with Mailang on it is full of quality. Every event ran by her has been crazy fun so I’m definitely clearing my schedule for this.

1 Like

Awe!! That’s so nice of you to say. :blush: Glad you’re coming to the festival.

1 Like

Glad to be coming Mailang lol. Have to chat with you for a bit but try to not talk your ear off.

1 Like