Palworld how is it

Anyone tried it?

2 Likes

It’s good

Big companies trying to gaslight us into hating it because they make expensive games that end up still being bad.

7 Likes

Where has that been happening? All I’ve seen is praise.

twitter, as is tradition?

4 Likes

If you just google the game and look at the news section there’s tons of articles trying to paint the game as either controversial or straight up harmful.

They’re basically doing the reverse of what happened with Sam Bankman-Fried, where a bunch of media outlets initially tried to convince the public that he did nothing wrong.

A lot of news outlets backed by similar donors tend to follow the same narrative, it’s sad

Also this lol

4 Likes

Grindy slop that baited gamers with an edgy concept. At least, that’s what it looks like to me.

1 Like

i heard only good things so far from a various group of folks

1 Like

I’m only a couple hours in but it is definitely a hit

I think it’s hilarious how hard it copies Pokemon

It’s not my concern as a consumer to worry about licensing

1 Like

some people from naughty dog are hating it saying they are copying from pokemon
which is rich coming from them copying game ideas for their games
and peta and game informer

5 Likes

Mutahar (SomeOrdinaryGamers) has a good video on various controversies of Palworld/Pocketpair.

1 Like

An mmo like that would be interesting but controversial. Get captured in PvP, forced to work to craft things for the side/player who beat you, try to escape somehow back to your faction and friends, ect. I think Rust had that? I remember being told by my brother he’d capture people and force them to work, like farm their kidneys or something lol.

Most of the controversy with palworld is to do with the history of the company, namely their CEO being very big on copying + AI.

No evidence of either really being a thing in PalWorld AFAIK. It’s an above-average survival crafter with a gimmick that’s heavily inspired by pokemon.

2 Likes

I’m really tempted to pick it up.

I get the shoot things that looks like Pokemon?

Sign me up!

1 Like

its more ark then pokemon

3 Likes

Not sure why AI is so controversial, pretty much every company is going to be using it to a certain degree within a few years. People are delusional if they think these companies aren’t going to take advantage of such a powerful resource lol.

1 Like

you can do that in ark
force feed players and force drinks to keep them alive

1 Like

Probably because AI gets its data by just straight up ripping (often copyrighted) content from the internet with no consent from it’s actual owners.

I don’t think any other product would get away with saying “we cannot change our core business model to not include stealing because then it’d be non-viable”.

7 Likes

I tried it briefly. It’s ok so far. Fun to play with friends.

1 Like

Palworld is A LOT like Ark… like A LOT A LOT.

2 Likes

down to the mod Stasis balls you can use

1 Like