Pally > War

Making an alt & after researching I cannot think of one reason to roll a warrior over a pally? Srs question. Why would anyone play a warrior over a pally? Maybe rp reasons?

Warrior is more fun, and has better xmogs. Warriors can charge, heroic leap.

Thats it really.

17 Likes

Warriors
-Have more damage outside of burst windows
-Tankier as both a tank and a DPS
-WAY more comp options in arena
-At least 1 is almost necessary in RBGs
-More utility in PvP

Paladins
-Way more burst damage (potential nerfs inc)
-Obscene off healing (also might see nerfs)
-More utility in PvE
-Wheelchair bound class

8 Likes

No it’s not. You’re a troll

2 completely different play styles? Such a stupid question

11 Likes

Ranked PvP. High level tanking.

3 Likes

Ret is very strong and has a lot of broken things going for it right now in rated PvP. However, don’t think for a moment that arms is also not in the same category with broken mechanics as well.

2 Likes

paladins dont have fury

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply

1 Like

Zandalari Troll but whats that have to do with anything?

1 Like

Fun factor and challenge are two reasons i jump on my Warr time to time.
Its one of the most satisfying when downing other players. Especally owning other plate wearers on a Warr.

This reminds me of an old YouTube video
https://youtu.be/u_iOTBTyupc

I play both. Both have their play styles as some have said.

I can say this for the PvP side between the two:

Paladin as Ret is bursty but slow and lacks utility.
Paladin Healing in pvp is a lot of fun, and is likely the best healer right now for pvp because of their damage potential and utility.

Warrior pvp as arms is great. A lot of abilities to use makes their kit a lot more engaging and allows pvp to feel a lot faster and more exciting vs ret pally.

Goblins can’t be paladins which means instant inferior class.

2 Likes

I know everybody says that pally is wheelchair bound, but the AWC rets had basically 100% uptime and you’re going to be supported by a team one way or another to keep you on target.

1 Like

Yeah but what comps were the rets going against?

Because some people find warriors more fun to play.

In PvP, warriors have more options with what classes they can run with. They also have more utility and on much shorter cooldowns than a Paladin and their utility isn’t shut down by offensive dispels.

Warriors have better ways to stick to targets in PvP. They can also disengage from fights much easier than a Paladin.

Warriors are generally more tanky in PvP and don’t rely on powerful but dispellable and long cooldown defensive abilities. They also have better ways to shut down an enemy team’s offense.

Meh I play both but I prefer my warrior. Just personal preference. I don’t really like ret that much, can’t put my finger on it. It doesn’t feel satisfying in the same way warrior does to me.

But eh it’s not like I am doing serious content or pushing some high rating or anything, I’m pretty casual. I’ve just always really liked warrior

Basically because of better mobility…

Also cooler transmogs and “feel”

Warrior is for men while paladin is for princess.

5 Likes

This is not only stupid, it’s somehow homophobic and misogynistic at the same time.

Wild.

14 Likes