Paletress (maybe spoilers)

what happened to faesroll
did he reroll the next fotm

She is mostly in Wrath of the Lich King. She gives you quests in Utgarde Pinnacle, you can usually see her speaking to randos at the Argent Tournament, you fight her as the second boss (sometimes) in Trial of the Champion (she is the really nasty one who summons those powerful ghosts against you in p2), and they also have a scene of ehr capturing those twin Valkyr who you fight as raid bosses in Trial of the Crusader.

1 Like

I figured thong wearing chicks would be popular with the fanboys and Blizzard would know this and try to milk them more. I mean look how much attention Alexstrasza gets now.

Good for her.

This makes zero sense. They took Alexstrasza OUT of the platekini for Dragonflight, and honestly, it was overdue (much as I’m not a fan of her DF design and prefer her HotS design). It was a weird oversexualization that didn’t make sense, and gratuitous stuff like that is more irritating and tasteless than it is attractive.

Also Paletress is not a “thong wearing chick,” she just has her thighs exposed. Do you even know what a thong is?

6 Likes

Well, thigh and some cheek.

But yes, not a thong regardless.

Footwear right?

inb4 an american tries to “correct” me

This. Thongs are something you put on your feet.

Only if they have a foot fetish

1 Like

I find your wording interesting and curious. It implicitly suggests that that is not your interest. Maybe it isn’t, maybe that implication was not intentional.

But I gotta bring it up because I don’t honestly know why anyone would bring her up as a choice for a companion besides the fact that she’s dressed hot with a good voice.

That doesn’t prevent her from potentially being a good, complex character but she has an extremely minor role in the lore and there are many many other Light clerics, including at the tournament which introduced her.

On paper, pretty much all of the priest companions were interesting conceptually.

She’s a priest at the Argent Tournament who looks like - and essentially is - a heroic version of Inquisitor Whitemane.

2 Likes

Be sanctimonious if you want if you even mean the stuff you say but you can’t deny sex appeal is a big seller especially for gamers. And they still kind of oversexualize Alextrasza especially with all the ryona she goes through and the classic shot of her kneeling to inspect that egg in Waking Shore.

I did find her simple minded innocence to be kind of entertaining. Anyway I will always think Blizzard dropped a big ball not including her in Legion.

Ok, can you explain this one? Like, where did you get this vibe?

7 Likes

Didn’t she always talk like Luna Lovegood from harry Potter all detached and airheaded and seemingly incapable of anger.

Uhm… Not that I remember. I remember her mostly talking like a generic priestess.

But we all interpret things differently I guess!!

1 Like

I can see why it would be nice if she came back.

Sounds like he’s both infantilizing her and sexualizing her at the same time. He probably watches too much Anime.

5 Likes

Lol a wow player mocking an anime fan…how hypocritical.

Yu are right. It’s unfair to blame your infantilizing a female character on an interest in anime.

4 Likes

Blame Blizzard. They are the ones who make her jobber every single fight she has been in whether it is raszageth, Fyrakk or Deathwing, not mention being the harlot property to a bunch of lowly orcs all the way back in Warcraft 2.

Huh. I don’t recall Paletress being involved in any of that.

Silly me, forgetting her Cata and DF arcs.