@ Paladins

Ultimately the spec will be useless unless they correct crowd control removing stacks. (Bug in Vanilla, unknown how intentional).

Without sit/stack, it has little control to make up for the lost damage found in deep retribution.

Melee aren’t your biggest concerns in PvP, casters/ranged are and they have the most Cc.

Published on Dec 6, 2006

that’s why you simply just tag more mobs to gain more charges

:slight_smile:

It probably wasn’t in the game originally, but we will see. Sounds like a gimmicky private server feature.

You aren’t wrong but the priest is going to refresh mind flay and not just chill with a BoF. I’m basing this off Paladins I’ve fought. Guys like theloras pose serious issues

Keep in mind that the original question which I’ve been responding to is about holy paladins. Holy paladins have entirely different preferences and combat plans from a ret/reck spec like Theloras uses.

(Also, the priest can’t just refresh mind flay to deal with BoF. They need to stop their channel, then cast Dispel Magic, then cast Mind Flay again. This is a minimum of two GCDs, which means close to three seconds of running at full speed. Since as a holy paladin there’s no reason for you to have been in melee against the priest anyway, three seconds of running is probably enough to get you out of range.)

I concede that you are correct. Well played sir. If we are on the same serve in live and you are a pally, I request a dual. Good talk tho man, not often you get well reasoned arguments here. I greatly appreciate it!

1 Like

I’d play Holy up until i had a full AQ Ret set and then just pvp as ret. Ret and Winhance with gear is fun as hell. The moment you can survive a rogue opener or take out a mage of similar gear level it gets fun. You need a HP pool and a certain level of weapon damage to provide enough pressure.

Rekbomb spec is overrated.

Totally agree.

Time and enjoyment; this is my main goal.

Once I got level cap my focus will be healing for my guild.

Reckoning hurts you even more versus shadow priest, yes. If you’re to stand a chance versus a priest, top-notch gear is required. Can’t get the gear unfortunately because you can’t really raid as ret (unless you can commit time).

Shadow reflector is a necessity as well as aggressive bubbling.

Engineering is assumed if you’re going to PvP as ret or ret/reck

Most certainly noted. Keeping all this in mind given the gear will eventually get there.

I wish it made it better :frowning_face:

Was the most fun I’d ever had on this game mixing reckoning specs. Live that ret dream, bro.

1 Like

Cleanse removes magical debuff correct?

Is it possible to dispel mindflay on the run? Or at least the snare?

Legacyplayers com/Armory/?charid=744278

This was my enhance that could hold it’s own. I would swap and use a T1 Legs, Chest, and something else for the totem range and put my off points into ele. That items set let me 1 shot mages, locks, and occasionally a rogue that was stunned. Battlegrounds where fun.

1 Like

retribution, strength / spirit gear. 1 mob at a time. may never need to stop to drink.

I’ll be a shaman main, but will have a paladin as an alt, so who knows, maybe we’ll end up on the same server! (Most likely server types for my paladin are RP or RP-PVP. My shaman will be on RP-PVP if it’s an option, so that will lock me out of Alliance on the same server, thus only paladin on RP-PVP if there are at least two different RP-PVP servers.)

Yes to both. Dispelling Mind Flay will end the debuff entirely, as well as canceling the channel for the priest.

The priest can recast it as soon as their GCD ends, and Mind Flay deals an initial tick of damage, so dispelling it doesn’t really save you from any damage. However, it can give you ~1 second (accounting for latency and reaction time) of unhindered movement.

I disagree, I would go down the holy tree until level 34 about and then spec prot and finish up prot and then go down the holy tree until 60. Respec to holy for raiding.

Awesome! I thought that should work but I had no proof.

I mean technically my recollection isn’t proof :stuck_out_tongue: There is the chance that I’m wrong!

Memories are fuzzy like that. It’s the primary reason why I think the Classic WoW experience is goung to feel new even if it’s technically not so.

I Know private servers exist, but it’s been shown by Blizzard they have things wrong straight off the start…

The fact that the private servers are using TBC data as their starting point was very much clearly displayed and says to me that we have all forgotten more than most know.