Paladins in pvp

Paladins are literal booty in pvp, all the other melee have something to help connect people IE: warbringer, shadowstep, wingclip, hamstring. Paladins need a runeable slow or movement speed increase. Ranged can literally just walk at your speed and insta cast you to death. edit a spam able slow because 30 sEcOnD cD sLoW aT 1/7 oF yOuR mAnA aLsO 3 sEcOnDs Of WeApOn SwApS

6 Likes

That’s likely there to offset Paladins being able to be invulnerable and do full damage…

(Also Repentance has a 20 yard range and is the ultimate in slow.)

3 Likes

just run up to me, bubble and kill me

ez

2 Likes

Eh 5 minute CD to do that and it still isn’t guaranteed the kill.

Paladins are a literal joke, I love when they get a full stun on me and deal ~40% of my HP.

Anyone losing to them really needs to rework their play style from the ground up.

1 Like

if you can get in 20 yards of me (easy cause im an sl lock with no mobility whatsoever), repent me, then hoj and gg

or just do what most ret paladins do and attack me while fighting a mob from behind

1 Like

Yeah lmao Everytime I see a ret not take repent I’m just like okay I guess you like people just literally walking away from you without issue xD

Not to mention paladin is also the easiest class in the game to fear or polymorph

I usually just repentance to close distance between me and my targets. I also usually roll around with guildies/healers and can rely on my allies to slow down targets if necessary.

I also have two points in Pursuit of Justice for 8% movement speed so no, ranged cannot just run at my speed to escape from me most of the time. Not unless they have boots enchant or AB boots.

All in all, pretty happy with where Paladin was in Phase 2 PvP. Not as OP as we were in Phase 1, but still kicking butt and taking names.

2 Likes

Are you standing still complaining about bubble?

The only reason Paladin didn’t feel stronger in Phase 2 was because over-tuned Enhance Shamans made us look like dogwater by comparison for over 4 weeks, meaning half of the entire phase.

But that was a problem with Enhance Shamans. They made a lot of classes look like dogwater by comparison to how overpowered they were.

Why do you keep asking for something you already have?

Sure, take it off CD like GW and i agree or give it a 6 second cd like frost shock

the correct answer is Long Arm of the Law

3 Likes

Anyone who makes this argument doesn’t actually play paladin.

Repentence is a 6 second sap at best and requires you to be fully invested in the Ret talent tree to acquire it.

The only thing people ever bring up in PvP discussion about paladin is our 5 min CD bubble as if its some kinda “Gotcha”. It isn’t, If you’re a ret paladin then you know that practically all of our damage output comes from landing Melee strikes to proc Art of War. So yeah our DPS is gutted when our swings take 100% longer to land. Depending on the 2h weapon you’re using for PvP that will be about a 7-8 second swing timer.

You clearly don’t play paladin and seem to have a vendetta against the class itself which immediately disqualifies any opinions you have. Why not make an actual sound logical argument instead of just going on the forums to slander a specific class that you dislike.

Paladins already have all of the best defensive kit, by a lot.

And not a bad Offensive kit either.
30 Yard range Exorcism
20 Yard range repentance
10 Yard range Judgement
10 Yard Range Stun
8 Yard range instant AoE

And they’re about to get another Instant AoE and a ranged execute that ignores armor with obscene crit change.

I feel like missing a ranged slow is justifiable. (Shamans have a slow, but no stun, Paladins have stuns but no slow.)

1 Like

Literally, the funniest thing seeing shamans in here talking lol, I knew there was a reason I wanted to post here.

7 Likes

Shamans got their nerf bat.

Who do you think is next? :wink:

Paladins need a buff if anything, sorry you get dominated by the wheelchair class

2 Likes

No offense, but doubt youve ever been above 1.5cr in anything. What use is an execution when you can’t even connect on someone to get them to 20%
Or I guess for all the trogs out there, paladins are really good at 1v1s with melee only, no no need to let them stand a chance vs any ranged you guys should be happy you can beat at melee in a 1v1 with your 5 min cd.

Yeah getting a better version of sheathe of light and still having double rockbiter is such a huge nerf…