Paladins in pvp

dude so much of your information is wrong.

30 Yard range Exorcism - Can’t use this with Avenger’s shield so you either get your best ranged damage ability or a ranged snare that requires a shield to use.
20 Yard range repentance - Only if you’re fully talented into Ret and at best its a 6 second sap that is taken off by any damage
10 Yard range Judgement - Judgement is our least damage dealing ability literally just there to apply seals, don’t even cast it unless everything else is on CD and i have no other options, rather keep my seal active.
10 Yard Range Stun - 5 second stun that anyone can trinket out from.
8 Yard range instant AoE - The lowest damage dealing AoE in the game.

We don’t get an instant AoE next phase. Holy wrath is a cast, so is Hammer of wrath unlike execute which is instant cast.

2 Likes

Why must we fight pink brothers. We are both wheelchair specs. You get magic dispel next phase. You leave us behind with our immune one wand attack every 20 seconds totem next phase. You’ll know speeds we shamans with never know.

Rumor has it that Rockbiter is getting nerfed by up to 90%. Though I’m still not sure I’ll believe it until we see what happens next Tuesday.

1 Like

I had a great STV team with 3 ret paladins, a feral Druid and me on my Warrior. Over 1700 coins on the beach was not a bad Bloodmoon run, imo.

What are your experiences playing paladin or with Paladins in PvP where you find them to be a joke?

Rets great in STV, since DS isnt reduced by the AoE change, so you get to spam AoE on the shrine and get kills since people don’t care they just want to turn in.

I get this much on basically all my toons regardless of class comp, its all about being in the right location and coordinating spawns to share blood gained.

There are exceptions like using all mages but once again it all depends on positioning and coordinating spawns.

not as great as all mages or all priests or all shamans.

That’s pretty good. And yeah, the group stuck together quite well for a no comms, group of randos from gen chat.

quote=“Boolossus-kelthuzad, post:27, topic:1818499”]
I call them a joke because they do mediocre damage at best with their full setup, and their defensive cooldowns just feel like a literal waste of time before the inevitable.
[/quote]

Fair. I haven’t been playing my pally in PvP (too many toons, too much to do, too little time), but like playing with them on war, unless they just run off by themselves.

Warrior has a pretty great toolkit for PvP right now though, so I’m having fun, and 3 rets healing with divine storm is a pretty nice ball of melee.

The only reason paladins have any PvE ranking currently is cause of a MEME weapon (Automatic Crowd Pummeler) and a spec that requires us to be swinging a fast weapon, without it, we do DOGDOODOO damage in raid.

You wanna see what Paladin parses are like without the MEME weapon? Look at the tank parses cause all those paladins are using the Shockadin DPS build which is what blizz expects us all to use.

I dont even know how some people can argue this, every single melee already had a slow/connect mechanic added to their tool kit, sorry A shield doesn’t count its on a 30 second CD, takes 2 GCDs to use and its not good on mana. This was done because they knew melee couldn’t hang with casters 3 shotting people in SoD. Sure in classic wow ret was fine because we could outlast people but this isn’t classic its sod.

They need to give us an ability to slow on sub 6 sec CD, or honestly a Seal, make us choose between more dmg or a slow mechanic depending on what we need.

Like I get it if I was talking about our dmg, which to be far is sub par, but I’m just saying as a pvper it feels awful playing ret in SoD. My dmg is outclassed but the problem is that I cant catch anyone with half a brain there’s a reason the sod team gave these abilities to all the other melee but for some reason left paladins out. (except a shield which is garbo, if they left it as something players couldn’t remove maybe id be happy but still 30 second CD is a little long for a dependant pvp CD)

What’s wrong with so called meme weapons and builds if they big pump?

I’m here for you level 71 dwarf vent your concerns.

There’s so many examples like this, of paladins having to pick and choose between runes that allow us to do any actual DPS or a completely situational rune that you wont even use in most of your mainline builds.

And yet people talk about all these things like Avenger’s Shield or Inspiration Exemplar like we have ALL of them available in our kits ALL the time.

What’s the one that prevents NPCs from fleeing? Maybe make that apply a slow as well or just to actual Player Characters.

:woman_shrugging:

I agree nerf Ret Paladins.

2 Likes

Yes, thought it might be to good at that point with a possible constant stun and a judge that slows at X speed. But then it would be like our default pvp seal, swapping between that and command for dmg or utility

1 Like

It’s gimmicky and only lasts as long as the phase does. Are we expected to use ACP till 60? Cause no other 2h weapon comes close in terms of swing speed/haste for DPS output in PVE.

Not to mention the fact that our DPS spec entirely revolves around a (roughly) 20% chance on hit proc to do any reasonable damage also means that our DPS is wildly chaotic regardles of how much we prep.

You can have either a great run with tons of procs or a crap run with little to no procs REGARDLESS of how much you plan ahead. Which i hear is the same boat feral are in right now.

You will get Gnomish rocket boots next phase. Youll be fine.

At the cost of my PvP set bonus and boot stats? I’d rather just get the run speed enchant (or talent).

Honestly i’m not complaining about being slowed down in PvP, I’ve accepted that we are the slow, heavy hitters of WoW classic but they’ve taken away our ability to even hit hard.

So now we’re just slow.

Yeah, I mean it kind of feels like this is a non-issue if you’re playing with a warrior or hunter or whatever else with slows.

Would it be worth swapping in a rune that gives Seal of Justice a hamstring effect if one existed?

There are a number of things you can use.

Bombs, rocket boots, sleeping dust, faps, its all based on how invested you are in pvp.

They need to give warriors shattering throw as a skillbook and then give Holy and Ret paladin the gameplay we’ve been asking for since the beginning of SoD.