Paladins, both Retribution and Protection

And very strong in PvP against melee.

They can solo tank 10m(seen done), can do 20m raids, and 40man (mostly as OT).

It’s at a cost. As stated two gold sink professions(you have an alt to farm), one item is boe that cost 600g to 1200g, then you have 3 different weapon set ups, gear at minimum will take 8 to 10 months, mixture of perfect stats, right build, and few more.

If you think it will be easy it is not. That is for like a holy mixture with prot type. Good luck. Great class I f you get it to that point in PvP.

2 Likes

I don’t have the testes to play pally in vanilla, I’m more of a warlock/mage/priest.

1 Like

That is not literally, but very close to the original Developer’s idea of what a Paladin plays like.

Interesting.

People just have to get over the fact that in this era of WoW some specs are awesome for PVP, and others are great for Raiding. I don’t think there is a single class out of the 9 than doesn’t have an optimal spec and a meta to go along with it for raiding.

It totally get people rolling Paladins for PVP reasons. If you could do all that and compete with Rogues that would be broken as hell.

1 Like

I don’t have the testes to play a Mage or Priest (maaybe lock for solo play). I can’t strafe worth a darn, so I will die a lot more than most people with cloth casters.

You’re right. A Hunter will.

while doing 1/3 of my personal dps for maybe another 5 seconds of debuff uptime?

lol

While not wasting a raid slot. You need to bring hunters anyway. You can just have him melee with Nightfall, then Tranq Shot when necessary.

Then you can just bring another warrior, rogue, mage, or warlock, who you will be doing 1/3rd the DPS of.

keep dreaming - keep trollin

I outdps ranged hunters while swinging Nightfall and do double what the melee hunters do in personal DPS yo

but I digress, the perfect Nightfall comp is actually this:

1. Retribution Paladin (~40% personal debuff uptime)
  2. Melee Hunter (~45% personal debuff uptime)
  3. Prot Warrior OT (30% debuff uptime weaving Annihilator + Nightfall)

With that setup you can maintain 80-85% Nightfall debuff uptime on average combined.

No “Gluth’s Missing Collar” amulet or " Overlord’s Onyx Band" ring?

Would add 5% block chance.

1 Like

my raiding guild had died by that point, I was then perma banned for telling the head admin to go @#$% himself and the server would die not long afterwards too

2 Likes

Hahahahaha.

Can’t wait to have my bags and bank full off multiple sets of gear again. Paladin was so much fun to play back in vanilla. Never played on a private server, been waiting patiently for a long time. Summer needs to hurry up.

1 Like

“my bags and bank full off multiple sets of gear again”

truer words have never been spoken…

lol

2 Likes

You clearly didn’t read what I said.

You already bring hunters for Tranq Shot. That’s pretty much the only reason to bring them, because their DPS, as you note, isn’t very good. So giving them Nightfall to be useful to the raid isn’t really a huge loss of DPS.

Then, instead of needing ~2 Hunters and a Ret Paladin with Nightfall, you can just have 2 Hunters, and either one or both of them can have Nightfall.

Then, despite the fact you do more personal DPS than a ranged hunter (questionable, but I’ll take your word on it), you still have room for a pure DPS class that will do WAY more than you.

hence why the new Spelladin meta will change all that friend - you clearly didn’t watch the video

1 Like

Well, whatever helps you sleep at night.

unlike you we have actually done the research and actually know what we’re talking about

here’s what it looks like at BiS forever gear levels:

1 Like

LOL, because Patchwerk sitting on a random wall in Stratholme is totally what happened in vanilla.

are you really that “special”?

to not know what a DPS parse test looks like?

please tell me you aren’t that “challenged”

1 Like

And now you have to resort to personal attacks because someone had the audacity to question the validity of a video of a private server as proof that your class will be useful as DPS.

target dummies didn’t exist on the Vanilla client bro - this is how you run a DPS check for classes/specs

I can’t help it if you aren’t able to understand the simplest of concepts such as that…

now, if Blizzard decides to ADD Target Dummies in Classic, then that would be a #Change that everyone would support and get behind

1 Like