Paladin Leap!

But i like steed…

We should keep steed and get the leap

3 Likes

They should just make a glyph called Divine SPEED that merely removes the silly pony animation and just makes you run faster.

3 Likes

We want a gap closer, not a sprint. stead is nothing more than a sprint with a mount riding animation.

2 Likes

And its the worse sprint in the history of sprint.

Imagine if we got the sword ability and it given 2 charges when they decided to make divine steed baseline. It wouldve been fun!

But we’re still lacking control over our movement with only divine steed. The fact that it doesnt remove snares and roots upon use is what is making it so bad. That’s the least they could do.

Nah he’s perfectly right

1 Like

I’d be happy if all it did was drop consecrate as we land, but I love the idea of a leap.

No not really all he wants is i win button in pvp.Paladins have strong toolkit as it is gap closer would be an overkill.

1 Like

“No not really all he wants is i win button in pvp.Paladins have strong toolkit as it is gap closer would be an overkill.”

No this wouldn’t be an I win button. But hey as said before this is coming from a druid with numerous charges, disengages and well everything under the sun. I am talking about a Leap that would allow prot paladins do more than just run in while throwing a shield. It would give them an actual proper tank charge. It would allow Paladins a way to move without being limited to one or two charges (if speced into the extra charge) of steed. This is something that should have been given to us a long time ago.

2 Likes

This is one of my many alts prot paladin is doing fine with steed 2 charges should be passive i will give you that but they do not need a gap closer,and this is coming from guy who plays a protection paladin.

So frost DK must be OP huh? The closest to ret is frost, they have a gap closer they can still be kited, just because of a gap closer doenst make a class a monk.

1 Like

Then post on your paladin and stop hiding behind your alt. So tired of people like you claim to play a class but cant be bothered to post on the class they say they play.

I have always thought paladins needed a gap closer. And the fact that every npc paladin seem to have one and yet the characters we play do not just dose not seem right.

5 Likes

Frost does not have immunity or 100% hp heal in 1 gocd.

Happy now? For paladin to have gap closer like leap they would have to lose something else like stun or bubble you cant have best of all worlds.

1 Like

Lay on hand cant even be use in so no valid argument, they dont have full immunity but they have magic immunity, auto attack that triggers a 100% crit on 1 of their powerful spell, immunity to stun with 30% dmg reduction on 3 min c/d lasting 8 sec, constant slow on enemies, the best slow in the game chain of ice, the can heal for 50% of their health in 1 GCD and with only 3 min c/d while pally has a 10 min c/d, and can also copy spells.

They are the most similar, doesnt mean they have to be the same; they will have their differences but gap closer in the form of death grip did not make them OP, even with a leap pally will still get kite similar to how dk gets kite.

Mages also have ice block. And most mages are speced into double blink. So mages do have an immune.

1 Like

No people just complained about having to aim the leap and then click it again to activate it. It was going to be an insanely good skillful ability in PvP but PvE nerds ruined it for everyone because they can’t aim a reticle and click a button. /10char

Except we don’t. Maybe for new players this might sound like a good idea but for most of us that have been playing ret for a long time and even from a stictly gameplay point of view, you don’t need to make ret a warrior clone.

Long arm/emancipate was the sole reason ret was different (and probably more challenging) than other melee.

3 Likes

Leap of Righteousness: Leap to a targeted location smiting enemies for X holy damage and reducing their damage dealt by 10% for 5 sec. That’s my version for a prot pally leap.

1 Like

LMFAO you dont speak for every1, when did you started playing pally? I started since 05 and we have always wanted a gap closer since vanilla; the forums were full of such topic back in those days and it wasnt until we had that judge sprint in MoP that those post stopped.

2 Likes