Paladin changes coming in Nov

November is still a bit away, but couldn’t hurt to have him at 80 just in case paladin skyrockets.

I just don’t like how they put stupid fluff stuff in the way of stuff you actually want.

But really, getting rid of Crusader Aura? like what in the actual frick?

And some of the talents they’re replacing it with are just… “why?”

Eye for an Eye: This will get used almost never outside of PvP unless you’re a Prot.
Wrench Evil: Who actually uses Turn Evil outside of PvP (does it even work in PvP?)
Light’s Countenance: Nobody CC’s stuff outside of PvP anymore.

Actually looks like almost all of these new talents are either healing or tank abilities, and several of them are bent towards PvP.

So, as a Ret, I lose my Crusader Aura, and get a bunch of fluff talents that are either useless to me, or I don’t care about? Can’t really say that these changes are looking good tho I suppose it depends on where they’re placed in the tree. Probably put in the way of stuff I actually do want.

Also, LOL at them thinking that 2% effectiveness on HoPo abilities is a choice that you might make instead of Divine Purpose.

1 Like

This was probably because everyone was saying paladin was the worst tank. I don’t think it is a bad tank, but it was feeling a bit squishier than my other ones.

That doesn’t mean that you should turn half of the whole fricken talent tree into stuff only Holy or Prot cares about.

There IS a 3rd spec, you know.

Like, if Prot is underperforming, then… um…

Buff the Prot Tree?

This is a major rework for most classes, this stuff should have gone live with the xpac.

They are very clearly behind, which falls in line with all the time gating.

This is starting to feel like Diablo 4 all over again.

…?

They’re buffing… Shield of the Righteous for Ret paladins?

Why would you ever use sword&board as a Ret? That makes zero sense.

2 Likes

Could have been a typo in the ret tree or something idk. I was just reading the list of things being changed.

Hey at least it looks like we’re going to keep Crusader Aura, it’s being packaged in with that other auras talent. Still, they could have listed that further up or something, lol.

And no, it’s not a typo. They have it in its own little section under Ret and they did the same thing to Holy.

That is a lot of changes to be put off for 2 months. I wonder what the Blizzard thinking is here.

1 Like

The time doesn’t bother me as much as the fact that this list was put out before season one, which makes me wonder what data they are using for the specs.

Crusader aura will be baseline for the class and not a talent.

The class tree is meant to be mostly utility and defensive talents, not throughput talents.

They haven’t been tuned yet, this is just for the sake of implementation.

1 Like

please clean yourself when you are done

Literally not at all what they wrote.

Its amazing how some forum posters take a blue post saying the sky is blue and you read it as an argument over voting rights.

1 Like

“forum poster!” How dare you rope me in with that lot! lol

Blizzard, several times in DF, nerfed hpal because they were dealing “more than intended damage.” Which-- if you play this game more than you post on the forums-- you know is a HILARIOUS joke.

Their “literal” wording is “We’re moving some power back into Word of Glory and Shield of the Righteous.” Now, the key word there is “some” as if to imply that the healer with the worst damage profile has to be kept in check least they – … I dont even know-- manage to do 1/3 the damage of a resto-druid?

It’s really just comical how they balance things.

That’s kind of my point. We should be at a point right now that they should be collecting data for changes. There are a lot of changes announced that seem like balance tweaks, and it seems odd to delay them for 2 months.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised if prot pally’s become top tier now. Thats how it works. Top tiers are short lived.

Or stop putting 2h int in the holy loot table

The changes to the MM Hunter and Dark Ranger sound great. And the pally ones sound good. I may play prot again. But at least for ret

1 Like

Batman!!!

2 Likes

I could go into an ugly rant about Blizzard design philosophies about how comical it is, but every time I read it it just becomes more depressing lol

1 Like