Paid Transfers to PvE Servers Should be Allowed

Sorry you are not having fun. But look on the bright side… your deaths feed the horde and your tears quench their thirst.

1 Like

Sooner the better

1 Like

This trope has been dragged out (in this thread mainly by you Ilarra) as some type of answer to the original post, which it is not. The question (rephrased this time to try to get an actually substantive answer) is this:

Why is it a problem if people want to leave a PVP server and pay for a one-time, properly structured transfer to a PVE server?

I do not believe that Blizzard relaunched WoW:Classic with the “goal” of “teaching people they need to live with their choices” or “life is not fair”. Again, I could be wrong (B-Devs feel free to jump in here), but I think the point of the game (remember, this is a game) is to enjoy it.

If people aren’t enjoying it, want to take their toons to another server, I’ll ask again: why is that bad? #stillwaiting #NotAVoid

Also, thanks for all the supportive posts in this thread, the tendency for many is to go negative, I appreciate all the constructive discussion that is occurring.

3 Likes

What will allowing transfers from pvp to pve servers do to balance factions idiot?

1 Like

It will keep subs.

Yes it’s me. Look you guys made your choice. Stop the whining, the complaining, the threats, etc.
I am just tired of all the childish attitudes. You knew this was coming.
If blizzard wants to allow you to transfer to another PVP realm then fine but not PVE.
You want a toon on a PVE server than make one.
You can’t buy your way out of your poor choice not matter how much noise you make.
I just don’t care if you don’t like. And I will answer when someone tags me.

yes, they did make their choice – to play the game World of Warcraft, and hopefully to have a good time doing it. you’ll find that’s usually the reason people play games, especially those with a subscription model. the real question here is why you’re whining and complaining about people deciding to use their money to keep enjoying a game that you do too.

also, it’s been covered several times that this is literally a feature they implemented in vanilla – paid transfers, restricted to pvp to pve only, with a 6-month cooldown. you’re the one pounding your fists over something blizzard’s already done, and will absolutely be doing again in the interests of their playerbase and their coffers. it’s not out of hand for people to be asking for it sooner than phase 6, especially seeing as they’re already moving different elements of phases around anyway (dire maul, keyring, etc). to be honest, the only real variable is when.

if blizzard was going to take faction imbalance in hand, they’d make the pvp-to-pvp transfers faction-dependent. if servers became 85/15, it is up to blizzard to merge them. as far as that impacts this particular issue, how is imprisoning characters on a server where most of their playtime now, if any, is in black and white supposed to help faction imbalance?

but you don’t care about faction imbalance. your only goal here seems to be to make people suffer for the “mistakes” they’ve made, either by having a terrible time on a pvp server or having to start back from zero on a pve server (the option which would impact the pvp purist complainer the Exact same amount as paid transfers – diddly). you feel like letting people “buy their way out” would be to let them get away with something, when all they’re getting away from is you and those like you.

also, can you point out a single threat to you in this thread? you’ve mentioned this a couple times, and i’m baffled.

2 Likes

What does it change for you? Either way you’re going to loose people from your servers from rerolls or transfers.

Business wise, they are going to give a chance to people to transfer one-way only from PVP to PVE so they minimise the sub bleed.

BTW your working hard attitude does not work on forums. If you are actually hard working and take nothing for free, then the Marines are recruiting.

2 Likes

The threats to cancel subs if their demands are not met. They are in alot of the posts. Also they choose the roll on a PVP server.

It is amazing how you guys like to gloss over that fact.

1 Like

Like you’ve never made a bad choice in life without a second chance to redeem yourself. Lots of people are admitting their errors and are not even asking about changing the PVP mechanics but just to move their characters from it.

4 Likes

lmaooo that’s a liberal application of the word “threat.” no one’s using their right to unsub as some kind of leverage against actiblizz, just stating facts. a lot of folks don’t have the time or energy to not only abandon several hundred hours invested in a character, but literally do the same exact thing for the next several hundred hours for a new one. same quests, same drops, same schticks. but you want them to, because by god you just Want them to.

it’s amazing how you like to gloss over every other point i made.

1 Like

Sure I have. Made some playing games and in real life too where second chances make sense. Players saw this coming annd if Blizzard wants to open up paid transfers to another PVP realm then that is fine. But if they want a PVE toon then go make one and level them up on a PVE server.

I agree on this. This is probably the answer to a lot of the population issues.

I speak to a lot of people who felt “pressured” by friends or whatnot into rolling on a PvP server and it was not what they wanted, or they are not enjoying it.

I am not judging them. There are people hap;pier in a PVE realm - and given the overcrowding and the current state of PvP I don’t blame them.

I would strongly encourage Blizzard to consider this as a solution. I think you will get quit a number of people off the high pop realms this way.

A lot of people don’t want to xfer from one bad pvp realm to a different kind of bad pvp realm. Going from, for example, stalagg to Heartseeker just trades one problem for another - if it is still a PVP realm.

3 Likes

Let’s keep it at $25 please, pal.

I’d only support this if they blocked transfers to PvE servers with queues. Pagle has too many people already.

1 Like

PvP —> PvE

PvE cannot xfer to PvP

PvP --> PvP under faction lock.

2 Likes

Except your whole idiotic point is moot because PvP—>PvE paid transfers were in vanilla. Stop virtue signaling on a 120 retail toon and trying to pretend you’re “cool” on an internet forum.

We all know the only reason you’re here chirping like a dummy is you like to gank in massive horde gank squads on horde dominated servers and just don’t want that to end.

2 Likes

Business wise it’s absolutly stupid. Maybe you want to deny other people this option because you’ll feel like you never got anything for your work but it’s not even the issue.

We don’t care about the effort YOU put as an individual, we care about the game’s health. Its never been about individuals and teaching them a lesson. You are simply a selfish person if you think that. If you want to invest your energy in a hard activity then go workout or enlist in the army.

If the subs are bleeding because some PVEers rolled to PVP and made an error then they must have a “one-time” only option to correct this so this classic experience gets budgets for the futur.

The majority is asking for an option to get out of PVP servers without loosing the efforts they’ve put in a character for various IRL reasons. They don’t want to bend the rules of PVP to accomodate them. Let PVPers do PVP and let the PVEers get out. In either ways (Reroll or transfers), you’ll loose a playerbase on PVP servers and blizzard risk loosing subs.

4 Likes

I mentioned in a previous post: Most of peoples arguments against transfers are invalid; as well as the “just go re-roll” argument. People who are done on a server, for any reason, are done. If they choose to move, whether through re-roll or a transfer, or cancelled sub are still gone. So what people are asking for, like myself, is to not have a character just rotting on a server I will never play on again. That is the key here. No matter what the choice, people are just asking that there is some way to circumvent a loss of play time.

1 Like

I think they should make the fee 50$. This way it makes it prohibitive but doable if someone seriously wants to move.

On Azuresong Alliance at least, the community is very good. People group up with the intent to play nice and fair. PVP server players are generally very “mean.” A big fee will act as a gatekeeper.