Pagle vs. Mankrik -- whats the scuttlebutt?

The PvP servers are in disarray with the continents vs. streamers, etc. battles… so what’s the word on the east-coast PvE servers?

Any drama? Which are you choosing?

I heard one big guild was picking Pagle(AIE), someone listed another one for there , but I had never heard of them.

3 Likes

iam playing pagle because i refuse to play on a server named after a horde character

13 Likes

It seems there could be some faction imbalance on Pagle and Mankrik. Alliance players are preferring Pagle and Horde are preferring Mankrik. Other than that no drama.

19 Likes

If you go by the Reddit survey and the two discords, Pagle is looking overwhelmingly Alliance and more populated, while Mankrik is Horde-leaning and the lesser-pop. But of course, we won’t know for a while yet.

3 Likes

I came in here hoping to find out deets on a beef between Nat and Mankrik… my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

3 Likes

From what I’ve seen:

Pagle = Alliance majority PVE
Mankrik = Horde majority PvE

6 Likes

I appreciate the feedback. With the madhouse of the state of the PvP realms, and my most likely super-casual play availability, I’m thinking ol’ Hash is gonna be a PvE’er. Just gotta decide which one to choose.

2 Likes

I am also playing Pagle. I assume Mankrik is going to be full of a bunch of wife jokes, but ultimately Pagle is where my friends landed on so the name didn’t matter at all lol.

Edit: read Pagle is going to be heavily alliance, so I guess it was a good choice then as that’s what we’re rolling.

Haven’t picked which one yet, but definitely going east PVE. I get the feeling alliance will favor pagle, while horde favor mankrik, due to the names. It almost feels intentional, “alliance go here, horde go there”.

6 Likes

It looks like the data backs this up, these 2 realms will be faction imbalanced.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BTfTNjcThmoe_47K8mbf8IffpfK0XrBCFWE4X5X97wY/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true#

But I guess if all you want to do is PvE and never flag yourself for PvP this could work out fine…

3 Likes

Phew, was hoping to see an imbalance like 60-40, not 75-25. Oof.

3 Likes

Nat killed mankriks wife confirmed

2 Likes

I wouldn’t get too fussed about the imbalance at this point. Those surveys have small sample sizes and the actual population may not be quite this imbalanced. Although I would expect each one to lean significantly in one direction or the other.

4 Likes

100 times this, we will not know until things are live how it all is looking. In the realm of population imbalance, it really doesn’t matter as much on a PvE server except for PvP aspects such as battleground queue times. (Are they cross-server?)

Anyway, I wouldn’t sweat it. Imbalanced is fine just as long as your faction’s side is not a ghost town.

2 Likes

Mankrik is an absolute joke for a realm name, I think they thought it’d be cute, a throwback to a classic meme, but no one seriously wants to play there except people that you probably don’t want to play with.

Pagle is as stupid of a name but at least it’s not associated with meme culture. They really crapped the bed on the realm names.

2 Likes

BGs will be cross server.

4 Likes

Though I do agree Mankrik will likely attract a meme type culture, I disagree with Pagle, and your own sentiment in general. Just my two cents.

6 Likes

Gladly nothing too crazy so far with PvP faction split. Highest is Horde at Fairbanks at 61%.

Good. While it’s not exactly vanilla-like, it will keep queue times down. I remember waiting in queue for BG’s in vanilla and it was not fun. I remember running to the other faction’s PVP area, especially for WSG, and just engaging in World PVP there.

1 Like