Pagle vs. Mankrik -- whats the scuttlebutt?

Well Asmongold is almost certainly going a pve realm. And I would assume an Eastern one since it would be lower ping. And he’s Alliance, so probably Pagle. But could also be Mankrik. Either way, sadly I have a 50/50 chance of picking the wrong server.

1 Like

At this point, I don’t think we can really realistically avoid it. I’m doing my name reserve and I’m sticking with it. I can leave general, group with guildies, and hopefully the streamer culture dies down in a few months when they jump on the next bandwagon. Not gonna change my life around them.

2 Likes

They really should have named them neutral names.

7 Likes

I don’t know until i talk to my friends and guildies. Herod will end up being a meme due to the drama that it’s already seeing before launch. lol. i will stay away from that one unless my friends go there. I want to go east coast pve though. I just have to wait and see.

I mean, there’s the one ancient meme about the guy’s wife. But aside from that, I don’t understand what else about the name “Mankrik” is associated with memes or meme culture or (as the guy above said) awful people.

3 Likes

Play Pagle if you are Alliance.
Play Mankirk if you are Horde.

5 Likes

I saw someone say something like they were going to reserve the name “wife.” It could also be a bit like barrens but as a whole server? But thats probably unlikely. Other than that, I don’t particularly think its going to be some overwhelming toxic community, its a PvE server after all. It was more a comment on that sort of thing, jokes like that, but yeah, nothing to get blown out of proportion over.

1 Like

Hope it’s true, currently planning on Herod. I don’t mind streamers, I do mind mega-disruption streamers however.

Everything I’m reading says he will go to a PvP server, but I kinda agree with you and think he will ‘wimp out’ and go PvE.

No drama. I am not sure we can even guess what population will actually be until the game launches. Speculation is just that.

I am rolling where my guild is going. I am so ready to play!

1 Like

That’s going to be taken in 5 seconds.

3 Likes

Earthen Ring was 75-25 in Vanilla (Alliance favored) and it was fine.

It’s only really a problem when it gets to be like 80-20 or 90-10. 75-25 is still enough people on the less populated faction.

1 Like

Pagel should be pretty balanced.

AIE the mega guild that was created years ago out of fans from the Instance Podcast will be horde side while Convert To Raid, another mega guild which bolsters fans and such from the Convert To Raid podcast are Alliance. Sister guilds if you will.

2 Likes

Mankrik is the “unofficial” Portuguese pve server, while Thalnos is the “unofficial” Portuguese pvp server.

Take that for what you will.

1 Like

I prefer RP realms, if only for the naming convention rules.

Ping isn’t a huge deal for me, but I would like to stick to a east coast server this time around. Sadly it looks like if I want to stick with Horde I’ll have to play on Mankrik. I guess we can hope that more servers are required and they actually pick a good name like most of the servers on live, so frustrating.

Nat Pagle is a damn good fishing and drinking buddy, so obviously if you’re going PVE, it’s Pagle.

3 Likes

A shady Horde character at that. We really don’t know what happened to his wife.

3 Likes

Pagle for my alli toon and Mankrik for my horde toon

3 Likes

I am going to play on Mankrik…because I am a MAN!

3 Likes