P2 Removal of Glory of the Raider Achievements

I honestly feel sad for people that think achievements ion a video game are special.
They are not, its a mount…
Pixels on a screen, you know what effort it took for YOU to get it, that should be all that matters, not what other people do.

7 Likes

Ofc the cry babies n retail fan bois don’t like this. Anything that makes this game slightly more difficult n meaningful is hated by those. But I wonder where are those fake #NoChange people that are only no change when it’s about RDF :joy:

There is nothing difficult or meaningful in these achievements. All phase 1 content is a joke.

It’s just a vide game right :joy::joy: oldest cliche in the book when you don’t really have anything solid to say.

1 Like

They haven’t even announced anything yet and you made a preemptive wahwah thread about it. So wouldn’t that make you the :baby: ?

3 Likes

Locking these achievements/mounts behind a ilvl that has to be followed by all players is the best path forward imo, still have to undergo a challenge and old content remains relevant in later patches.

3 Likes

It doesn’t feel special to me so I say take them out, what a selfish comment this is. Delete this post its embarrassing. Its a mount from a 15 year old game. Go feel special somewhere else.

5 Likes

i think that’s an okay idea as long as the requirements is for all slots and not and average or something.

2 Likes

But I did, you just chose to ignore it and cherry pick, I am not surprised though so all good.

1 Like

If you need to feel special, call your mom.

3 Likes

This is the re-release. This doesn’t affect retail characters.

Who cares if they remove it.

I don’t see a problem with it. Past seasons Gladiator mounts aren’t available to people who didn’t play during said seasons either, nobody seems to be complaining about it.

Time gated cosmetics aren’t a bad thing.

3 Likes

The IL requirement would be fine imo

1 Like

Imagine pretending there isn’t some prestige attached to something.

You don’t want the achievements removed, but they’re not special.

It doesn’t work that way. If you’re arguing they be kept in, there is clearly something of value you want to preserve.

3 Likes

It sounded to me a bit like they initially didnt actually recall at first when they were removed originally (at least off the cuff) when they initially said they are still thinking about it. Then they were reminded by community council members on the call (or Kaivax i forget) and went on to talk about the importance of prestige achievements, which leads me to believe they will be removed.

No changes. You want to feel special go retail there you can swipe your credit card and get special mount every tier.

you do know it timestamps the achievment date… if you care so much about it feeling special just remember what timeframe in the game you completed it

2 Likes

Yup.

The only time they removed these achievements was Naxx and that was it. They quickly realized it wasn’t worthwhile to remove, and given how easily players zug content today that makes the content even less prestigious.

If you want to find ways to keep the game alive outside of raid logging you have to let that kind of content stay in the game to give players an incentive to play outside of it.

5 Likes

Particularly true, since we do not have Classic-account-wide achievements/mounts/pets.

gladiator mounts =/= meta mounts. They stopped removing meta mounts. So I do not like that comparison. Better comparison would be Mythic+ mounts which I would welcome in classic but doubt blizzard will add those to the new heroic+ content.

I have been very vocal about these drakes. I say do whatever it takes to keep them in. Add a ilevel restriction or just leave them.

3 Likes