P2 Removal of Glory of the Raider Achievements

With the new and upgraded items coming out in P2, Glory of the Raider 10 and Glory of the Raider 25 Achievements will become to easy to achieve. Letting people to get those achievements in P2 and on is not reasonable. However, P1 can be extended to give people more time to achieve their achievements if they want.

3 Likes

I believe in the recent Blues / Community council live chat, they said they are still thinking about it and if they want to remove them or not. At some point it was said it may end up in a situation like Algalon achieve where everyone needs to be under a certain item level to get them since there was so much backlash over the removal of these mounts.

Edit - Added source

19 minutes is where they asked about them.
Roughly 25minutes into this video is where I got the info for item level restriction.

3 Likes

I have both drakes. I don’t care if others can get it past phase 1. It’s a mount. Let people play the game.

51 Likes

I don’t have either of them at the moment. But I am working on those achievements and I would like them to feel somewhat special. Someone doing an OS 3D or undying naxx with full ICC gear and get the achievement doesn’t feel special to me at all.

1 Like

Leaving them in is in the best interest of the game.

Adding the item level restriction adds some intrigue to it as well. Hope they go this route.

(I have immortal on 3 characters. Just finishing up some straggler achievements on 2)

15 Likes

Well it probably doesn’t feel special to them either but it’s something to do.

2 Likes

I think the best course is to just leave them in. They never took the Ulduar drakes out after Toc and ICC were released and that directly contradicted their decision to remove the plague/black proto drake.

Leaving them in encourages players to continue running the old content and will be good for each server’s community by increasing the player pool doing content at every tier.

16 Likes

“We should gatekeep achievements and here’s why
”

13 Likes

It rewards players for skill, that’s not a bad thing. The only bad thing is being inconsistent.

3 Likes

They aren’t special. Sorry. Gatekeeping achievements so you can feel special is kinda silly.

22 Likes

The “skill” aspect is completing the achievement not the gear score you had when you attempted it. This argument falls flat when you look at some of the achievements like score a last hit on a scion while on a disk. We should not gate achievements through the phases because not everyone is playing the game at a fast paced. I bet there are some folks still leveling. Now you want to rob them of that title because they bided their time?

9 Likes

Life is not fair.

1 Like

My problem is back in original release they followed the logic of ‘keeping the prestige’ with the Black and Plagued PDs by removing them once Ulduar came out
 but then immediately decided that was stupid and kept the Ulduar meta drakes in. Even in retail now I’m pretty sure you can’t get the Black or Plagued PDs but you can just waltz in and scoop the other meta drakes just for taking the time to be there.

They still mentioned they want to retain the prestige factor of obtaining these prizes when they were relevant but it feels like they aren’t addressing why this applied ONLY to the Naxx metas.

For consistency’s sake, I think they should just not remove the drakes.

EDIT: Watched further along the video and they did actually mention that there was a ‘design shift’ after Naxx and they kept the drakes in. I still think they should keep the naxx drakes in. It doesnt make much sense to remove just the naxx drakes with that in mind.

7 Likes

Agreed. But if they remove it, they should keep removing it. It’s the inconsistency that’s always bugged me.

Right, if they don’t keep the drakes, then they should remove Ulduar’s meta drakes when we go into the phase beyond that.

But guess which solution will have less tears from the community. lol

I don’t think they had a clear idea on what they were doing with original WotLK. Just look at how each raid tier has a different structure with its hard modes. We went from 25 being the hard mode in T7 to “activated hard modes” in T8 to “heroic instance lockout” in T9 to “Individual heroic bosses” in T10. Ghostcrawler didn’t know what he was doing and it shows.

4 Likes

They were also in the middle of the acquisition.

Thats true as well. I honestly feel like Ulduar was designed by the TBC devs and everything after is the result of Ghostcrawler’s team.

1 Like

Yeah you could tell Activision’s hand in things because from the moment of the acquisition, rehashes and recycled boring content leaked into the game.

1 Like

Hopefully they will only lock them behind a certain ilvl, that would keep them relevant and still challenging.

6 Likes