P2 is only 3 weeks

Perfectly said. Not Sure how anyone disagrees with this.

I mean, I can only assume their raid testers did MC internally, and if they can beat it anyone can.

I don’t see the big deal. So BGs come out four weeks after the honor system instead of six weeks like in vanilla. Why throw a tantrum over 14 days? I don’t get it.

At this pace, it most likely will. And again,

Their huge level squish so the cap is back to 60 (gee wonder why that’s attractive) and splitting of classes to feel more like themselves. They’re using Classic to try to make Shadowlands more appealing to Classic only players.

One hurdle now they have is to get the Classic players over to Shadowlands. Easy way to do that is to have Classic in its finished state.

I dunno, it all sounds like a conspiracy theory to me.

It’s obvious that the reason they’re doing this is because the players themselves have made a change to this recreation of vanilla WoW - there are far more roaming death squads out in the world in classic than there were in vanilla, and they’re being more disruptive than they were back then. Battlegrounds being released after four weeks instead of six (GASP!) will alleviate the issue.

It’s a cute viewpoint to ignore all that in favor of doing the whole #gobacktoretail thing some more, but it doesn’t really line up with actual reality.

It is. But I also have Bnet messages from about 3months ago telling my buddy they would have a huge squish back to 60 on Retail because of how popular some aspects of Classic are.

Just wait til Shadowlands and an active sub are required for the next “legacy” server or whatevers next.

people who main classic will reroll alts and do it all again. work on raids and pvp and professions etc. they have 50 slots per account to fill up. will keep them busy for quite a while.

If only. Most those threads asking for more content those players laugh if your suggestion for more content is to play a different toon. I WISH I had time to get an alt up to 60 and decently geared.

so… they only plan on playing until naxx is on farm the first time? because it seems there was an awful lot of crying on the forums about classic for years for them to not actually want to play it. 0.o

I haven’t a clue. They’ll be playing Shadowlands probably by that point. They’re content gluttons.

the whole reason i’m even playing classic at all is to get the warlock blue pvp set and do AV over and over and over again. then i’ll make a priest or a hunter or shaman or something and redo it.

2 Likes

Early 2020 is in lone with my projections, it means around 5 to 6 months of mc and ony before bwl

Raid pacing really depends on what they do with ZG.

I have a feeling ZG will be like DM/BGS. Released earlier then intended because after a few weeks a few people will be bored of BWL.

But I really like ZG so no qualm on my part, just upset at the pace is all.

Well, reason I call out ZG is, it was only 2 months between bwl and ZG, raid content actually isn’t on a bad pace from vanilla.

Bout 7 months in Vanilla for BWL, but MC lasted a lot longer in vanilla, so 5-6 is right on pace.

Actually though… it was closer to what we have now in EU, they released in Feb and BWL came out in July

Then just leave, why do you need to have a dramafest on the forums first?

Plenty of people like myself will do the same thing they did on private servers once Naxx is out, level alts and farm more Naxx because it’s fun.

No one cares that you’re going to leave once you’re done Naxx. Blizzard has already extracted your subscription money and if you buy Shadowlands well you’re just telling them everything they’ve done is Okay by you.

Quit over bgs? Lmao. Also please do go back to retail

I love when I can quote myself because you haven’t read the whole post!

This game does has an expiration date on it! Everything does!

I’m just trying to enjoy the last bits of life it has until I move on. Classic is that for me and many others. There’s a reason why the player base has been in shams since Cata, the game has been on a decline. (And I played the most in MoP so I still had love for it, still do).

Sure, they could keep this thing alive for 100 years and they’ll have some subscriptions. The Pony Express lasted years after the railroads became popular, because people still thought it was the best. So yes, I will quit some day, I’m just asking Blizzard to delay that point.

So yes, since I was 13 when Vanilla was out I didn’t get to play the game at a mediocre level even, I was just learning. This was to knock out that gap in my play and finish the chapter on World of Warcraft. Would be more enjoyable if it wasn’t ticking down so fast.

Use your math skills buddy that’s 4 weeks.

In 2005 patches 1.4 - 1.5 was 7 weeks. Not a big deal.

Cause I can get other Queens like you in the conversations wink wink

Awwwh, that’s not nice. Sorry that you can’t comprehend what they’re doing. Your white cloak is getting dirty messing with us trolls good sir.

It’s not! I made a post when they started rolling out the earlier stuff too that it seemed to be going waaay too fast.

Pservers have been doing this stuff for YEARS, why is Blizzard going at breakneck speeds?

What math am I doing in that post you just replied to? Are you day drinking?