Overwolf Denies WoWUp Its API

Does anyone who runs mid to high level dungeons and raids play without add-ons anymore…?
Can you finish the higher tiers with out add-ons…?

Serious question…

3 Likes

So? Why wouldn’t you keep doing the less convenient thing, since

16 Likes

I still do when necessary if someone needs to borrow my truck

1 Like

Why am I not surprised that the same people constantly bashing “casuals” are in here defending known spyware?

13 Likes

I’ve never used an add-on manager. I download manually. You don’t have to do it that often. I update most addons when there’s a major patch to the game, and that’s it. Some of the naggy addons want you to update every 2 or 3 weeks.

Downloading manually is very easy.

(P.S. I run a lot of addons.)

11 Likes

I neither know nor care what “Overwolf” and “WoWUp” are.

I install my addons manually and update via WoW-Matrix.

2 Likes

CAN YOU? Yes.

I’m sure there’s at least one, I don’t know of them but I’m sure he’s out there patting himself on the back :rofl:

1 Like
  • Run it.
  • Update your addons.
  • Quit Curseforge and Overwolf.

It doesn’t need to run 24/7.

20 Likes

You didn’t have to be a fortune teller to know this would happen… I mean with companies like Overwolf it is kinda written in blood…

7 Likes

You can configure it so when you close Cursefored, it exists Overwolf as well.

6 Likes

Please be joking. As long as you know your rotation you don’t need addons. The most essential one is probably details since it gives you feedback on damage output. But yes, you can do the hardest content in the game without addons.

2 Likes

Nice gaslighting and namecalling there bub, I must have hit a nerve. You’re the one getting worked up and emotional supporting a corporation (ggs there, capitalism is great, right?) when I’m pointing out that “payment” comes in many forms including invasive advertising and requiring people to use specific ad-driven revenue stream creating tools for downloads is… get this… requiring payment and is not free of charge.

4 Likes

And collect data, and serve adds I guess.

If you’re not paying for it, you’re the product.

12 Likes

This is what I do since I use it for my minecraft things as well. I hate having too many things running in the background.

4 Likes

Do You run any add-ons…?

It’s been a couple years since the uproar and I’ve forgotten. Why do we hate Overwolf again?

2 Likes

That’s called being forced to do so, not making the choice. So you missed Bris’ point entirely.

And I have zero interest in doing that for 30 addons.

17 Likes

You need to relax. There was zero reason to get so hostile towards anyone in here.

1 Like

:grimacing:

:brain: :soap: :robot:

assimilate
assimilate
assimilate

6 Likes

I was trying to lead him to it but I just got exhausted and gave up.

2 Likes