Overused Words

I think some folks are still upset about the figurative use of literally, and they need to get over it.

“Toxic”

“Objectively”

“Diverse/Gender/Identify”

5 Likes

You probably think you’re incredibly smart because of that logic course you took in highschool or college. You should consider retaking it because you have no clue what you are talking about.

Also, you attacked the OP for not understanding it… Did you read at all? Or was that not basic logic? They were calling people out for not using it correctly or overusing it which is true, I’ve seen the word used incorrectly numerous times.

Anyway now that I’ve responded to your bait…

I gotta say “Snowflake”
Where I live anyone that isn’t red is a huge snowflake. It’s used way to much. Did hear a gay guy say thank you though one time, said “they were beautiful.” Made me LOL at the Redneck he was talking to.

2 Likes

responds with interpretive dance

7 Likes

“Woke”: Not being a callous prick towards the less fortunate is seen as being “woke” and I kind of hate it.

“Flesh”: Even if it’s used like “in the flesh” I still hate it.

thank you

2 Likes

i’m an engineer and not a logic expert but ty love :kissing_heart: :heart: :two_hearts:

“Flesh” bothers me too lol! First time I’ve ever heard anyone say that ha

“Toxic” to describe jerks. We really watered down the language we used for a-holes.

1 Like

Calling anything you disagree with a “conspiracy”

“Given that… blah blah blah”

Also the word “Community”

and “Resources”

Also, overusing “systemic” to make everything sound worse than it is. Systemic is the new “literally”

“Sorry, not sorry”

That’s gotten so old.

3 Likes

The “Woke” definition really depends on the speaker/typist.

For instance myself when I think of “Woke” in social terms I consider it in lunatic category that classifies (insert)-ism as a good thing or bad thing depending on which population you are speaking about. Also see Hypocrisy.

Also Flesh is weak! Vulcan. Weeeeaaaaak! :laughing:

Isn’t that the truth!

Gotta chime in on an overused phrase.

“Quality of Life”. It adds nothing to the content of your discussion. You’re just avoiding a well described definition that states how a change improves a product, game, or service.

QoL are not these things most of the time, regardless, they’re a marketing strategy used to improve the lifetime of a paid service, or usefulness of a product over a period of time. It has nothing to do with you experiencing better nameplate management in TBC (for example), and nothing to do with an improved experience, or user interface.

It’s like a slow and controlled abandonment of providing regular updates to a service. Something that keeps people paying, but has intent to move resources away from the project implied. A QoL improvement for WoW would be ending the expansion rollout and continuing to provide seasonal mounts, PvP seasons, a system that reduxes old raids to be current, as a long stream of rollout content, in order not to loose subscribers.

You could argue that I’m wrong about this; based on the history of the internet using it for a completely pointless “I’m a wordsmith”, that equivocates to “This is a good”. But that’s just the thing. The term would be completely useless if allocated that meaning. You might as well sift it off towards something that doesn’t basically say: “We make change that good.”

Bigot, phobia and the latter’s suffix form.
The moment they enter the conversation is precisly when I lose all desire to heed aught therein.

4 Likes

Probably my trigger phrase is “I’m just being honest.”

Soooo… you are saying you usually aren’t honest.

2 Likes

Clap
Clapping
Cheeks
Cheekers
Clappering
Pumping
Big pumpers

I can’t :face_vomiting:

Same but with “no offence, but…” and “please and thank you” :joy:

1 Like

What about “clap-back”??

Please no :c

For my edification, are you saying you feel no one cares? :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I learned that if you say “I feel” before making a statement no one can attack your thoughts because it’s how you feel.

Learned that in therapy at a young age… Then I grew up. LOL

3 Likes

Out of curiosity, are you upside down?