Overcrowded Realm Update

No.

This would have the opposite effect. It would cause more and severe imbalances.

2 Likes

I made toons on Herod and Stalagg.

10K queue?

Heck no. Stalagg, here I come!

I think it’s best to wait and see. Even me logging into my RP realm for a few days won’t be perfect. The initial launch for Herod and even other full realms will be insane. There is way too much hype. After the first week only primetime will have queues, IMO

Incorrect.
Your character, “dfhsbxhzjs” , would be transferred, retaining the name.

1 Like

Has anyone deciphered this word salad? Are the caps on the realms higher than they were in 2006? Or are they refusing to raise them? Man this was really worded unfortunately for something I expect we ALL would love to know the answer to.

In Phase 2, will realm caps for online players be higher than they were in 2006 or not. Getting an answer now could save the devs from us spamming this during the AMA.

Perfect. Best line for me. I’m glad you’re all thinking far ahead with how cautiously you opening up new realms. You have my full support of that. Go Classic team!

3 Likes

I played on an RP server in Cata, and it was some of the most fun I had in game.

I ultimately left to play with RL friends, but I’m super excited for Grobbulus!

Though I’m probably going Alliance this time around :slight_smile:

I assume this applies to retail sever estimates as well?

The use of the words “any further” makes it clear he’s saying the realms are using the 2019 cap and are not going to get even higher than that.

1 Like

the Herod realm is looking to be massively overpopulated.

That’s no server. That’s a cyber space station.

2 Likes

Ah yeah you’re right

1 Like

Real servers have curves

They should have just locked Herod when they hit the original cap.

They could have always unlocked it if the pop dropped later on.

I know splitting up friends stinks, but people who want this old-school MMORPG style just can’t accept technological limits.

You do realize that name reservation isn’t about money grabbing at all right? XD

The whole point of name reservation and early character creation was to ease the server stress on launch day AND giving communities a way to setup beforehand.

I swear some people will never be happy

4 Likes

The caps are higher then they were in 2006. And they will not raise them beyond their current point. If that helps

Either now or at launch people will switch thanks to your post. I see a 10+ hour login que happening regardless though.

Better get a cool name on Stalagg while you can imo.

It’s because of layering. When they say that the population will be higher than even a high pop server, that’s because they’re adding together all the layers to get the total population.

Each layer won’t be “above the highest Vanilla population”, but the server as a whole will be, at least until layering is shut off. Then at that point we’ll have to see where we are. I imagine that if, when layering is shut off, every single server is Full pop, they’ll open some new ones.

I highly encourage anyone that wants an ‘authentic’ classic experience to not roll on Herod. It will be full of private server autist guilds that will skew the experience
 and they already have set rosters

2 Likes

It hasnt done either.

If Stalagg becomes the default PLAN B, what happens if that fills up on Day 1 with all the people having queue-rage over Herod?

BTW - can I claim a copyright on “queue-rage”?