Overcrowded Realm Update

Sooo…what IS the CAP?!!

2 Likes

You need to tell people how long a 10,000 queue will take, they just don’t get it…

If you tell them it will take 3 hours to login every single night, then people will leave to Stalagg. Until then, people are dumb and will just be like, “oh 10,000, who cares, I’ll just go eat dinner and then i’ll be good to go!”

If my memory servers me correct… Back in 2004 I think I had like 1,000 person queues that would take 45 minutes. So think about that.

9 Likes

A name is a name. Get creative. People are getting too caught up in the name. I had someone who said they value their name more than the server community. Such a superficial mentality.

3 Likes

Or you could take ten seconds to think about the gameplay experience you will have sitting in hours of queues after work and suck up the lost names and pick new ones.

3 Likes

I mean afaik the other pvp servers are (mostly) still vaiable to get slots in, the server sizes are pretty large compared to what they were back then PLUS IMO its better they react to the numbers coming in then filling up servers that may be dead or unused. I do agree though this shouldn’t be as last second thing sprung up to the players. Stress testing and getting characters placement should have been put into effect at least another month back.

when you’re complaining about how you can’t get a single herb node after an hour of farming and to bring back layering because “muh life” and “muh job” not allowing you the incredible amount of time it’ll take you to accomplish anything in the open world, i rly hope u remember this thread

Again, i’d rather wait an hour or 2 to play every day and have 100% security my realm will be populated down the road, then take a chance on a low/medium realm and become the dying/dead server a year or 2 post launch.

1 Like

Easy there, tough guy. Not worried, just trying to stay on top of things.

I get I was JUST INFORMED… however a great deal can change in a very short amount of time.

2 Likes

They paid 15 bucks to reserver name they may or may not have gotten but th post was pretty clear that if when Stal fill they will add another server. However, they have no intetion of opening a server it would seem until the current servers are full. Even that being said i would not be surprised if we get new servers before phase 2 with free transfers off overpopulated realms.

Sorry. Does not look royally botched to me.

NetOPS, Dev, and CM’s have done a fantastic job so far.

Better to have fewer servers and expand than to many and have ghost towns.

3 Likes

Hello I urge the devs to consider that the name reservations only indicate a player making a toon over days at a time. Not every single player that makes a toon will log in at the same time.

What kind of wait times are we looking at if queues are in the 10,000 range? An hour? More?

Also, what’s the rough estimation of a population count for High and Full servers? I like that Medium realms are bigger than crowded realms from back in the day, but some relevant numbers would be nice to know.

2 Likes

You act like that would bother me?

I’m from the era of MUDs where it takes MONTHS to do anything, and where it’s PERMADEATH and full looting in pvp.

An hour que, or having competition in the open world is insignificant for me.

Again, i’d rather wait in a multi-hour que and 100% know my server will survive long term than take a chance on a lower realm and watch as everyone over time bleeds over to herod

2 Likes

That doesn’t mean anything. In an actual open world game (like this is going to be in phase 2) you have to interact with the people around you. If you have never beheld twitch chat then you must not know how stupid streamer servers can be. If you try to just play however the fk u want on a streamer server u actively will not be able to. The Brazilian thing could probably be ignored more readily, but they have quite the reputation for toxicity. So who ever “claims” it is irrelevant, its the fact that they are going to be present there.

1 Like

wow so hardcore !

Add suffixes to your names ppl

What are we gonna do now? The Herod que was 10k at one moment. 11k another time. In theory maybe 30-60k accounts rolled on that realm. Why did Blizzard allow this to happen. Now the solution being free realm transfer, people and whole guilds will seldom uproot until left with no choice. What will happen if say 3-10k leave the realm, how many servers will you open up to solve this? Not to mention all the friends and such that will roll Herod due to friends being there on launch day. Now what? Wait for phase 2 realm transfer? Or delete Herod and open up 3 more PvP servers since people won’t leave. Herod presumably has a lot of preorganized Guilds there. It’s hard to uproot an entire guild, especially if they already uprooted once to go Herod.

If youre queue is 10k deep it wouldnt matter if 1/4 of that showed up at any particular time that still a long queue time.

Dude you were just complaining about the lack of dem sweet mega servers. You want to now pull the ‘I’ve been here since the START’ card?

2 Likes

Thats just false. Fewer servers will turn off people from playing at the start and kill the momentum and interest in classic. More servers that may become depopulated later can be merged which is a much better solution.