Over 100 Dungeons in Game

There’s always time walking events as mentioned. I have not tried group level syncing either, but I understand that should work in dungeon groups.

Level syncing should bring a bigger challenge due to you not having some abilities you still take into time walking events.

While you might not enjoy exploring older content at higher levels, but there’s a lot of players who do like to solo farm for gear and pets, so having some content that is current, while not upgrading all content to end level actually gives everyone something to do.

1 Like

I don’t care about crackers.

1 Like

M+ season with every dungeon in the game would be insane, they should add time walking dungeons to the m+ pool during that event that would be really interesting.

1 Like

Removed and put on BMAH?

7 Likes

I lol’d IRL.

I don’t think the op said anything about it being a new concept. Just stating his dislike for the concept. Just because something has been around for while doesn’t mean it’s good does it? He’s just thinking outside the box, try it sometime.

3 Likes

You win an internet cookie.

1 Like

Just to highlight a key detail here, FFXIV essentially has the party sync system built into their “Duty Finder” (it’s pretty much LFD)… and it’s been that was since at least the re-launch of that game. There’s just a handful of differences:

• It’s the default method for random dungeons (called roulettes)… and even when queuing up for specific dungeons. You’ll be grouped with players doing random dungeons while queuing for specific ones.
  • The majority of dungeons are typically split into an option of three or four different roulette queues: leveling (any non-level cap dungeon), level 50-70 (level cap dungeons from previous expansions), level 80 (current max level dungeons), and occasionally “expert” (the newest dungeon or two).
  • It’s available to EVERYONE who has unlocked at least two dungeons and meets the necessary level requirements. Yes, even max level players can get thrown into the level 15 dungeon with the newbie who hasn’t done any yet. Max level players get currency used to purchase gear and other stuff.
  • It’s ALWAYS on. No events to wait for or anything else.

Truth be told, it’s surprisingly limited in WoW in comparison.
Even timewalking events are rather limited in comparison.

Party Sync always seemed like an experiment to me, them trying it out and sorting out any bugs before actually implementing into the game full-scale the way FFXIV has.

That being said, the planned level squish could end up implementing a similar system into the game just because of how it will be structured… you just have to give the option to queue for non-Shadowlands content for max level players.

2 Likes

It’s pretty awesome the way they did it. I never wait for a queue, even as a dps.

that makes perfect sense actually.

1 Like

Because we’re hashing out the details of Zandalar and Kul’Tiras, and then… I’m in Stonecore? Or Mauradon??

It’s weird that so many people touch on LEVEL, which is probably the one thing that has absolutely NOTHING to do with it. We have scaling, we have timewalking, it wouldn’t take much to put at-level mobs in an old dungeon. In this sense, the dungeon is just walls and decorations. It literally has nothing to do with why we don’t use them.

The reason is that old content… has NOTHING to do with current content. The “why do we hyper-focus on one small element of this HUUUUGE world, only to utterly and completely throw it away in 23 months.” This is something that could, and really should, change. WoW is a VAST world, that we largely ignore.

But until it changes, there is ZERO reason to bother having old dungeons pretend to be current. You’re not addressing the REAL problem: that the entire world isn’t a “current” thing.

1 Like

It would be no small feat for them to m+ all of these dungeons. I would love it though. I think a good middle ground would be for them to roll out a few at a time. Maybe a couple with each patch. It has always seems like a massive waste of content. Even if they only did the legion ones! I would guess they would be the easier ones to get up to speed.

1 Like

I don’t care about that at all. I’m here to play a game. If I wanted a story I’d read a book or watch a movie.

1 Like

Thats you and thats good for you. A lot of people play WoW for story driven content. Its a big part of the game and its success. Just because you do not care does not mean they should dispose of a fundamental component of the game.

I think they should add a party sync dungeon queue. It should be seperate from the main dungeon queue.

2 Likes

Like someone said earlier, if there were 100 max level dungeons available, it would make finding a group for any particular dungeon a great deal more difficult. Because you’d have the same amount of players trying to do 100 different dungeons instead of 10.

1 Like

But that’s just it, it’s NOT part of the game, it’s a story. You don’t need to roadblock the game for players to enjoy the story.

1 Like

Agreed. However you’re talking about 100+ dungeons. I said it I’d love all of them but realistically would be cool if they rolled a few out every now and then. Never said they should/need to do them all. There’s absolutely middle ground here.

1 Like

Isn’t that what they basically do with Timewalking? If you’re talking about making Timewalking a bit more difficult I’m down with that. But I think there’s a limit to how many M+ dungeons you can have available before it starts becoming very difficult to make a group for any of them.

It is part of the game, and the WoW-esque games out there that have no story driven content but rather random quests unlinjed in any way are garbage. People keep asking for WoW to change things to be like lesser games. WoW is unmatched, and it isnt by being like flops like ESO or Final Fantasy.

2 Likes

They cant balance 10 dungeons, what on earth makes you think they can handle 100?

1 Like