Over 1 million bronze to upgrade gear to avoid being one shot at 70

So you hit level 70.
Grats.

Too bad the scaling is completely upside down and you now get 1 shot by everything.

Okay go upgrade some gear.

Over 150k PER PIECE!

Over 1 million TOTAL.

Let’s check how much bronze you have at 70…… about 50k

So much for buying cosmetics or mounts.

Forced to spend it all on gear upgrades so you don’t get decimated.

61 Likes

it’s absolutely DISGUSTANG

13 Likes

Just saw a thread with someone saying they spent the bronze to upgrade and it didn’t even help!

Lmao.

10 Likes

This has completely ruined the event for me, already. Lol I wanted to see how strong we could get & how fast we could get leveling to go with the cloaks - but getting 1 shot as a DH with spikes & Metamorphasis in NORMAL DUNGEONS has completely turned me off the event until a fix is implemented. I should be solo’ing normals, not tiptoe’ing around old, boring, dated boss mechanics in normal dungeons.

20 Likes

Yeah it really doesn’t make sense.

Out of curiosity, What ilvl is your DH?

And yeah veng should def be able to solo normal even without crazy power ups. lol

3 Likes

FLIGHTSTONE TREADMILL.

meh…

6 Likes

lol this one hit me so hard as a DH main.

2 Likes

302 atm. Missing neck and a ring because I can’t kill second boss of Siege of Nizuo nor the normal raids at 70. Everything just hits me way too hard… I leveled thru quests and a few norm dungeons.
Every upgrade past 346 (what all my gear is at currently) costs 4K bronze - I’d be okay throwing hours into normals to cover the cost of this, but again - even in Normals I get 1pieced.

4 Likes

Yeah man exactly. You’re not alone.

This needs to be fixed.

2 Likes

Meanwhile lemme get on my level 15 holy priest and out damage every 70 in heroics xd

21 Likes

Kinda sounds like if you waited to long to do those LFG things and leveled through questing…you got shafted.

Naturally I waited to do most end game content until…end game. Now I’m stuck in the same boat with likely getting my ilvl to that same amount and unable to do even normal LFG because of scaling.

5 Likes

Yeah hitting 70 at 245 is basically a death sentence.

You’re at 300 and still stuck.

Might as well start over.

4 Likes

Well, not even quite just this - people with the ring and neck, and with upgraded gear are also going thru this weird scaling - things are just hitting wayyyyy too hard…

3 Likes

Regardless of the rest…how fun is it to go in a Normal dungeon as a level 70 and get absolutely obliterated by a level 34 healer? It’s not. Garbage scaling.

6 Likes

lol Thay need to tun it all off and fix’s it lot of bugs to

1 Like

There isn’t much incentive to keep the high level toon unless you really want it for retail.

It’s better to create another toon if you want to farm currency and purchase items, after a certain point.

3 Likes

A large portion of the appeal for some of us was to see how strong we could make these characters & farm the bronze all on 1 toon… Some of us don’t need other characters leveled.

Personally, I have every class maxed aside from maybe like… a lock and evoker? A lot of us even have multiple of the same class at max. Lol So it’s kind of a big middle finger from Blizz if they just ignore this… I was gonna level a couple of alts but for the most part I wanted to do it all on my DH, farm the bronze for all the sets, mounts, toys, etc… I shouldn’t have to make 18 DH’s to do that.

9 Likes

This all also goes in hand that a lvl 65-70 actually trashes groups for other people, too…

People will kick you from LFR’s for being max level because you mess up the scaling on some of the bosses. Lol
The people that didn’t hit 70 the day of release that I queued into also said “It’s never taken this long to kill something??” in the scenarios. Lol

So it’s not just a “you issue” cuz it’s also breaking entire groups in dungeons, LFR, and Scenarios, too.
So you just have to hope someone isn’t playing a lvl 70. That’s super dumb. xD

5 Likes

I just wanted to soak up the lore on my panda. A one character power house of fun! Someone joked it makes more sense to delete and just do content heroics/raids at level 15-25. How dumb is that.

I really hope they are quick with some dev communication about this.

4 Likes

Yeah turns out we’re just a normal scaled mop character (maybe even weaker)

These “power ups” are an illusion.

Time to start the prog grind from the bottom.

Crawling through normal dungeons and LFR.

Hope you are ready for mythic prog.

3 Likes