Outlaw rogue = worthless mediocre

Ever since fan of the hammer has been destroyed by the geniuses at blizzard outlaw has been this.
MEDIOCRE
A spec with zero burst damage (our burst comes from a meme trinket on a 3 min cd)
Our damage is dictated by pure RNG, no broadside? enjoy spamming garbage strikes over and over until you’re energy starved.
Spec that before 10.05 had the most fun rotation in the game is now plagued by forced downtime and trash damage.

I haven’t seen a single outlaw rogue do any sort of damage that impressed me ever since the nerf either.

Seriously, why did blizzard do this, why did they ruin what was extremely fun?
Pathetic.

inb4 switch to sub
Never.

13 Likes

Forget switching dude, you do what you love and keep pushing for the changes. Myself and other rogues will support you to the very end.

Us rogues stick together. Keep it up and be true to yourself dude.

12 Likes

fotmer in shambles. im sorry you cant spam pistolshot dispatch anymore

also ss usages is the same pre and post nerf, a deep problem is at p[lay here

3 Likes

Shows how much you know.
FOTM?
I always played combat/outlaw, always.
Now go back to your braidead spec, good night.

2 Likes

what they need to do is put find weakness as a 15 s press able cd

They need to revert what they did to fan of the hammer.

5 Likes

either or

I’d rather have a 15s find weakness cd that benefits every press able damage key we have

make it last for 10s on a 15s cd

fotmer crying they cant spam pistol shot. many such cases

2 Likes

All rogue specs need relentless strikes. Im still mad they havent returned to combat or mutilate. Its just common sense for energy spending class.

Dunno what to do about outlaw best of luck

2 Likes

How about you go grind that IO of yours instead of posting nonsense here?
You play a braidead class.

Outlaw is pretty much the definition of RNG right now.
people are being forced into the CTO build which is RNG heaven.

1 Like

fotmer jelly that outlaw isnt super brain dead anymore. projecting hard

keep in mind that outlaw rng means nothing, if you are having issues right now then the problem was always your rotation. just fan the hammer provided enough combo points to hide your terrible play. i am 100% sure that this person isnt utilizing his shadow dance and vanish correctly for ambush

1 Like

outlaw FtH nerf is not why its falling off overall. Its still good, still an A+ m+ spec. Certain fights or dungeon still favor outlaw, not much has changed.

2 Likes

even before the FtH nerf (which, imo, was the ‘fun’ part of the spec), DF Outlaw was stupid.
This spec is trying to be everything but a dot spec. It’s a mess, the amount of work needed to be average DPS is uncalled for.

I had played combat/outlaw since Cata. I was having a great time playing Outlaw. even when the content was garbage, i was still having fun, because i enjoyed the Outlaw playstyle.
I have switched to Sub (im not a huge fan, but i will admit, Sub is a ton of fun in PvP), and im a little pissed at Blizzard.

9 Likes

Exactly how i feel.
Highest APM in the game, extremely reactive, you have to react to your priorities in the timespan of a gcd and press the right button immediately otherwise your damage tanks.

But the issue i have is the massive downtime pools we often have where we don’t have any procs and bad rolls.

8 Likes

Yeah you can definitely feel the energy difference but I still get by pretty fine even with it. Every once in a while though when I don’t get procs and have to use 5 ss in a row… yeah that sucks. But mediocre? I dno what trash rogues you play with but I still perform pretty well, I’m often top dps by end of dungeon

2 Likes

Im glad. Its annoying to see Outlaw always best :man_shrugging:t5:. First time since legion where im not being judged for the spec i play in M+.

Thats why I dropped my rogue for fury warrior. 397 ilvl sims higher than my 410 outlaw and the gameplay is smooooth. Too bad the wow player base hasn’t realized how much warriors pump otherwise they would never invite outlaw again.

Maybe next tier keep it rolling won’t be so far behind HO because that is still one of my favorite play styles.

3 Likes

The reason they don’t get invited is mainly lack of utility. Everyone knows their dmg can be insane but they don’t bring any value to the group, especially with most parties having a prot war already for rally and bshout

2 Likes

Yeah that’s what is so annoying about my warrior, never getting invited to keys always have to push my own. I’m hoping next season they nerf prot warrior so my warrior has an easier time pugging.

1 Like

For the love of God. Get rid of some of this super obnoxious button bloat in pve.

Make Sinister Strike automatically update to Ambush when Audacity is procced. Make Cut To The Chase a Rogue talent instead of an Assassination talent - SnD maintenance is ridiculously unfun.

Rework Roll The Bones somehow. I don’t care how. RnG gated fun/dps buffs that you have to busy-work dump energy/GCD’s into every 30s sucks. It’s not fun/intuitive/creative class design, it’s just bad. “oh, sorry, my dps is 70% lower this pull because my RTB during opener was the wrong buffs” - like what? No other class has to deal with a quite literal dice roll for buff strength.

Why isn’t BF a toggle? Still don’t understand why BF isn’t a toggle. If 100% uptime = shorter CD than duration then make it a toggle. Or at least give it a notable duration.

Why is the penultimate talent on left side Outlaw Bad vs Bad vs Really Bad ? Blade Rush is the only realistically workable one. Sepsis is liquid garbage, and Ghostly Strike is another busy-work button to hit.

Why is Echoing Reprimand still a thing? It’s not a fun mini game. It’s tedious AF to maintain in the middle of hard content. If I’m in the middle of a +20 I’m not stopping to math out my possible CP rotation to hit 2-3 CP for a dispatch.

All of these abilities are just… bad useless bloat. You could replace them with a talent that says “Increases all damage output by 5%” and it would be taken almost every time.

15 Likes