Outlaw has ZERO DMG in PVP

Outlaw damage could be buffed by 100% and it still wouldn’t have enough damage.

7 Likes

I just restarted my WoW subscription because of the new expansion after taking a break for 1.5+ years. And I was super excited to be back on my Rogue after a very long break, so, for the last 20+ days, I’ve grinded out my Rogue to 495 gear level and, after pre-patch launch, this was yesterday, doing a 5 mythic key, DPS was below, and or, barely above the tank. It was shockingly horrible, and, I’ve been playing a Rogue for 20 years. I know the class with my eyes closed, no, I can seriously do my rotation with my eyes closed, lol. I’m so confused. I’ve never seen DPS this bad.

5 Likes

wtf did they do to it. feels so bad now.

2 Likes

it is impossible to play the current iteration of outlaw with your eyes closed. too many variable and the cdr from restless blades would make it impossible.

You have to remember that Outlaw has no armor mitigation. Its damage is purely physical, which means armor rating gets factored in. Add a stat like Versatility into the equation and that physical damage gets reduced even further.

That’s why a lot of Outlaw’s BiS gear is not for the stats on said gear, but the procs baked into them, which are often magical in nature and therefore ignores armor values.

1 Like

We are in prepatch and things are always weird at these times. We will catch up when the tuning comes in TWW. All rogues are missing damage across the board, it stinks but nothing we can do besides hang on for launch.

yeah the damage is horrible

1 Like

You’re hired. How soon can you come into the office? We need you to start right away. I want you to take over as management for the Rogue Dev team. /kidding I clearly don’t work for Microsoft.

2 Likes

If I have to wait until TWW launches? I will not play the expansion at all. How unfair is that. It’s not hard to go into and just raise damage percents to lift Rogues up now, not later.

2 Likes

I’m playing on the beta and it’s horrible.

1 Like

what is feeling rough about it ? (genuine question, not prodding).
(requesting a mature answer here please, I have had enough reading 15 year old style statements).

alright man, do what you feel is best.

• HP is high and armor values are far higher than they should be atm with the giant leap in stats and that is part of why rogues feel odd atm. The armor values aren’t being reduced until launch (as seen on beta and alpha when that was around).
  • They probably won’t bump us up as there really isn’t a “reason to” when that bump is coming in TWW launch (we are behind 2-3 builds as those are the official expansion builds).

It is the luck of the draw as stats are way out of whack as we transition to launch.

Our Hero Talents are absolute garbage and not even worth investing points in.

2 Likes

glad im not the only one who noticed this. Not sure why they didn’t even tun the mastery since it alone can out damage everything else, even if not building mastery. It really sucks because outlaw is fun to play in pvp

1 Like

It’s clonky and isn’t feeling smooth… When firing off the procs I feel like I’m waiting much longer. Then when I look at the damage I usually want to switch to my priest lol.

1 Like

That does help paint a picture instead of something obscure.

• have you checked it out since the increases to cto and such?

• energy regen for us seems to be apart of a big equation due to extra effects being tied in. I appreciate thistle tea but I definitely don’t want to use it.

• have you tracked up time on buried treasure for regen? Improved SnD speed should increase regen slightly as well mathematically with the offhand hits.

(Im asking deeper questions because im exhausted reading x sucks and other non helpful things).

Whether we like it or not energy pooling will always be a thing for us rogues. Outlaw likely still generates the most energy over the course of engagements though in the end. Buried treasure and frequent blade rushes along with a lot of non costs on other attacks etc.

We were all tuned to reach a certain amount of damage, people are forgetting when regen was very good and 7 pt finishers did jack crap. We are at the middle point in the opposite direction.

2 Likes

I run vigor which gives 200 energy. So on an opener energy wouldn’t be an issue… It really feels like the GCD is a second longer than it was. I could pop off 4 or so between the eyes now its barely 2 during the window that you still have stealth.

I run crit/vers in gear perhaps haste plays a bigger part now? Does the haste effect the GCD that much?

2 Likes

You need 20-26% haste to have close to the GCD you had previously with AR. Welcome to the overcompensation of making haste a better stat for outlaw.

3 Likes

“Possibly” as mechanical changes to Outlaw specifically to make haste more desirable. I wouldn’t know to what extent as I am only a Subtlety rogue. I have tested Outlaw and Assassination a lot through alpha and beta for fairness/ congruency and found it has picked up slightly through mixing in haste”a little”.

• I assume the goal is for less APM manually and more significant striking. They probably aren’t wanting to repeat early DF where Outlaw feedback( sourced from people who eat sleep and breathe Outlaw) was hitting a lot of abilities for little pay off.

• Killing spree is a heavy hitter on beta at least (esp with lots of stacks of flawless form which amps ALL finisher damage). BTE is crispy especially with fatebound and a few tails sided coins pretty much replicating an armor pen cosmic amp which does benefit from outlaw modifications (cosmic is physical / shadow / nature/ frost/ and something else I can’t remember atm).

• Its probably wise we are starting off slower so we can be brought up as rogues vs being too dang strong and get the heck nerfed out of us (responsible tuning whether one agrees or not)

I do like vigor as well and always have but I only talent 1/2 and I make up the differences in the class and spec trees and pool a little bit.

Regardless, we have to stop paying for the sins of the past and the forum propaganda of “rogues are evillll wah” when classes continue to get more anti rogue options / more defensives “walls” / and often hit harder than us for less effort.

It is also mature to say, the “1shot” nonsense needs to kick the bucket once and for all, it continually leads to us becoming stun bots while others are having fun pve’ing stuff down while we are stuck doing jack.

1 Like

What I hate is the fact that blizzard thought to themself, “how can we make outlaw rogues want haste?”

Who in their right mind would think this would make the spec more enticing to play? Everything they are doing seems to be getting that last remaining rogue players to quit. I was trying to stay in the dark until TWW launch, but pre-patch changes are that bad Im considering quitting outright. Im so sick of having to figure new mains out all the time. Getting too old for this crap from blizzard. Rogue literally need to be the highest damaging melee class or we might as well just delete our characters. We bring basically nothing of value outside dps.

3 Likes