Outlaw Between the Eyes bug

So there is a new version of this bug (the old one is still around) but its MUCH more common and if you dont know whats causing it it will be very very annoying… I will copy paste the details off the rogue discord so its up here on the forums.

Why is my Between the Eyes not going off?
If your BtE is playing its animation but nothing happens, that’s a newer bug where BtE cooldown appears to reset on your UI but it did not actually reset. It seems to happen when you break Stealth with BtE on cooldown, though for some people it’s not 100% of the time.
There is also an older bug you may encounter while leveling, which is where Crackshot and related stealth effects don’t happen if you recast Stealth while Subterfuge is already active. This can cause you to break stealth with BtE but it still goes on cooldown

I included the original subterfuge/stealth bug we’ve had since S3 because its very relevant to leveling and heroic dungeons and I’m sure its also frustrating many people trying out outlaw.

Don’'t worry us outlaw mains also find it infinitely frustrating this bug still has not been fixed.

Unfortunately there is no way to bypass this bug as its actually the core blizzard UI that believes BtE has reset its cd so even addons that track it will break. The only way to get it to cast is to farm CDR until BtE is actually off cooldown.

1 Like

this is genuinely making me consider dumping outlaw for good. there’s nothing more frustrating than having basic spec abilities just not working properly.

4 Likes

I have started to explore non Crackshot builds as alternatives but that is only preliminary until we see more changes to Rogue talent trees especially Outlaw.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

2 Likes

Was this fixed? Haven’t run into this yet today.

Nope, have had it pop two vanishes in a row multiple times today. Still very much an issue.

3 Likes

Yes, ran into this two days ago on my rogue when I swapped to outlaw after looting a sweet 571 sword (super busy this week so that was actually a big find) and took it into a dungeon. It happened 4 times and it totally destroys your damage. Totally killed my fun and turned me off the spec for maybe the rest of the expac. In one dungeon.

The main damn thing the spec revolves around doesn’t work. WTF.

The team needs to rethink outlaw. They don’t have the coding/design skill to make their vision for outlaw into anything but a nightmare.

7 Likes

i can’t take it anymore. outlaw is the spec i’d rather be playing, but i can’t handle constantly having my damage wrecked by bugs that still aren’t fixed. assassination here we come!

6 Likes

Same for me, constant between the eyes spam and nothing happens.

3 Likes

same… worst part is that when it first happens I can’t tell if my between the eyes got the free reset on it or if its just failing to cast… would love a fix

5 Likes

Still broken half a year later with zero communication

7 Likes

That’s insane to me this is still happening as I was experiencing this in season 1 and 2 of Dragonflight before I realized people will never stop hating Rogues and crying for nerfs (even during seasons when they aren’t that great) and jumped ship to other classes.

1 Like

Was excited to come back to play rogue. This bug is a huge turnoff for someone new trying to learn the rotation with Hekili.

Oh yeah its still happening after years

2 Likes

So this has been broken over a year? I came back to play outlaw…

6 Likes

just realized this bug is still happening in september of 2024…

1 Like

It’s a latency issue.
You side register the BtE was sent during the stealth window…
But all altency have a 15@30ms genrally.
If you rocket a BtE in that darkside, the server will register it as being outside of the timed window, hence setting your BtE on CD…while you still see your ability has not being on CD.

Ive discussed this on another post where :
The Easy fix imo is to get BtE cd reset everytime we gain stealth/shadow dance.
That way BtE is always 100% rdy to throw, no more issue with latency as it will register a reseted cd before using BtE.

Hopefully it makes sense.

2 Likes

See here: Good Lord - Fix Between The Eyes - Bug Steps Inside

Oh wow Blizzard.

Thanks for all the effort you’ve done fixing this bug :roll_eyes:

I’m still having this issue in TWW.

It’s been nearly a year.

2 Likes

First of all this bug with BTE bug has existed since Legion.

It would show that it is not on CD but it is on CD but you can not see the CD timer registered on your end.

Most commonly it was happening when you had the Legion version of True Bearing up and you would do a triple BTE stun into a target in PVP.

Or use cheap shot into a BTE stun followed by another BTE stun with Legion True Bearing up.

But it is more noticeable now in DF and TWW because of Crackshot builds.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

Here just to add that the bug is still happening and it’s making it really frustrating to play my Rogue. Completely throws off the rhythm of the rotation and tanks my dps in the process. Please Blizzard, this needs to be resolved. </3

3 Likes